Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

bleak sweety

By license on April 10, 2016 11:08 pm

I reunited with my volca beats after loaning it out for several months, so I jammed with it. Octatrack is sequencing and processing it. I could have made this a lot more interesting with more structure and maybe some parameter locks but I ran out of time yet again. C'est la vie.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
April 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Actually I'd say it's quite interesting as it is--insistent and minimal. Nice tonalities, too.

April 12, 2016 5:27 am

I agree - love the rhythmic progressions and how you introduce new sounds over time smile

April 15, 2016 10:34 pm

Interesting stuff from a fairly simple setup - might grab a volca beats myself at some stage.

April 18, 2016 3:53 am
onezero wrote:

Actually I'd say it's quite interesting as it is--insistent and minimal. Nice tonalities, too.

nikola wrote:

I agree - love the rhythmic progressions and how you introduce new sounds over time smile

GrainBastard wrote:

Interesting stuff from a fairly simple setup - might grab a volca beats myself at some stage.


Thanks for the kind words! And yeah the VB is good fun smile Now I want a volca FM too...

April 26, 2016 7:00 am

Yeah, you're pulling some cool timbres out of that Volca! Digging the groove that slowly developes around the tom 1/3 into the track.

April 26, 2016 1:07 pm
Max Normal wrote:

Yeah, you're pulling some cool timbres out of that Volca! Digging the groove that slowly developes around the tom 1/3 into the track.


Thank you! Yeah I love those toms - they way they kind of bleed into each other and subtly distort is probably my favorite thing about the Volca.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up