Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / laguna's music / Prelude to the unexpected

Prelude to the unexpected

By laguna on October 30, 2016 11:59 pm

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE SOUNDCLOUD VERSION!!!

I accidentaly missed the main bass into the main render. Didn't checked it until I recieved my first comment sad

I cooked this one from an almost finished track that never came to life back in WB'12. Tried to apply everything I've learned in terms of production, but I still fill the song is half baked. Anyway, Weeklybeats is just about that, so we have to throw our "still missing something" creatures out to the world and see what happens.

Not exactly deep bass, but I expect this one has enough low end. The mix could be greatly improved but I just worked on this one a few hours after watching the new "Doctor Strange" Marvel movie (one of my favourite characters) smile

How many songs do you guys have in storage that "are missing that extra instrument" or "the last verse" or "a cleaner mix"... Do you know what I mean, right?

Less work this week. Maybe I'll start to get my life back wink

Have a great one, people. Lots of love from Spain

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

October 31, 2016 12:54 am

Love that long spoken intro to  the minimal main section.

In progress – usually about 5-6 pieces; I'm usually able to whip at least one of them into halfway-decent shape. ::)

October 31, 2016 1:08 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Love that long spoken intro to  the minimal main section.

Thanks Jim! The spoken word piece is actually some 70's interview about LSD usage and psychodelics. Not exactly the meaning I had in mind, but I guess the dialogue could be interpreted in many ways.

Half baked tracks have been my working enviroment for half this WB! Thanks for listening and commenting again, Jim!

October 31, 2016 1:30 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Love that long spoken intro to  the minimal main section.

Would you listen to my properly rendered track, Jim? The whole main bass was missing, sorry !!!

October 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Just listened on soundcloud. This is awesome. Great bassline, and very nice how the two synthlines collide in the background. faved!!

October 31, 2016 3:07 pm
laguna wrote:
Jim Wood wrote:

Love that long spoken intro to  the minimal main section.

Sorry; much better. ::)

November 1, 2016 10:46 am

Went for the soundcloud version. Yes, the bassline is great. Love the downtempo dopebeat.Awesome stuff.

November 1, 2016 9:54 pm

November 2, 2016 12:22 pm

everything is great, fav'd

November 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Suhweet beat!  Love the shuffling feel it has!

November 25, 2016 1:08 pm