Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / laguna's music / Island of the dancing souls

Island of the dancing souls

By laguna on August 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Another dreamy ambient track turned (old school) electro? in the last minute...

Basic idea (for a future mesmerizing graphic animation) was done in Renoise. Almost pure triangle waves and a lot of relax. Synth "lead" created with some custom waveform... Nice to chill but maybe a little to abstract "as a single track". Built the drums in the last minute, and the mix is definetely too loud, I'm afraid.

Too much noise on the right side because I messed up with my monitoring Master balance without noticing. Will have to be awake in a few hours, so I'll post furtehr details later.

I DO want to catch up with your songs, people. Lots of work... Really appreciating your comments and positivity.

Love you all, guys! Stay cool smile

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

August 15, 2016 12:37 am

August 15, 2016 3:33 am

Fav'd within the first two seconds, that groove is fantastic! Mix sounds fine my end. Awesome track man! big_smile

August 15, 2016 9:44 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

Whoah, that GIF is amazing! The perfect fit I was looking for. Do you, by any chance, know what's the original animation?

August 15, 2016 9:46 pm
Martiln wrote:

Thanks a lot, mate! That's a true compliment coming from the man with the loudest (and clearest) mixed tracks on WB!

August 16, 2016 3:20 am

Drums are a bit over the top; they do, however, focus attention on the floaty lead.

August 16, 2016 5:39 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Wasn't intentional at all, Jim. i realized it was deadline - 0:20  and I should start rendering the track instead of keep eq'ing. I like beats with a punch, but not quite distorted mixes. Thanks for listening and the feedback, mate smile

August 16, 2016 7:44 am
laguna wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:

Koko the Clown sings "St. James Infirmary Blues" in Betty Boop's Snow White, featuring the voice & rotoscoped Cab Calloway

August 16, 2016 7:48 am
Ipaghost wrote:
laguna wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:

For some reason the youtube bccode isn't working on my browser, you can try this link for a decent copy:

August 16, 2016 10:10 am

Awesome. Again. I don't think you've made one lousy piece of music this whole season. Kudos on that!
Loving the groove and the beats! You're a star! smile

August 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Love the old school. You are my man.

August 17, 2016 9:37 pm
dj someguy wrote:

Loving the groove and the beats! You're a star! smile

Whoah, thank you man! Really appreciated. Of course there are many of my pieces that I'm afraid are quite "meh" to my ears... It's quite a nice compliment, and I'm flattered smile

Thank you again for listening and all that positive feedback!

Q-Rosh wrote:

Love the old school. You are my man.

Thank you man! I think it wasn't intentional, but this WB it's resulting quite "old school"... Representing the nineties, it seems. Peace!

August 18, 2016 3:28 am

Excellent, really enjoy the bubbling rhythmic synth and the hihats really stand out and shuffle the track along

August 18, 2016 2:37 pm

I was having trouble thinking of a way to describe the cool synth lead but Jason got it down smile I really like the way it flutters about!

August 19, 2016 3:09 am

Just livin' in the chill zone with this track.  Very bubbly and upbeat.  Nice clarity of the drum kit.

August 20, 2016 3:11 am

I love that beat! Tight!

August 22, 2016 12:22 am
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Haha I really like that "bubbling" idea. Many times, when running out of ideas, I run a relative simple synth through a vocoder, modulated by the drums. So it all depends on how you adjust the envelope follower. That's my "bubbling" trick basically smile

Thanks for the positive feedback, Jason!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Whoah, as you can read, it's really a simple trick. You should try it sometimes. Thanks Eric !!!

orangedrink wrote:

Wouldn't think of this one as "bubbling" but it seems it has some bubble quality to it, so...

Bubbles it is!!!

August 22, 2016 12:24 am
cfurrow wrote:

I love that beat! Tight!

Thank you, man! Believe it or not, the whole beat was a last minute addition. This was intended to be an ambient piece that really never got anywhere smile

August 31, 2016 3:05 pm