Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / kineticturtle's music / I learned some things.

I learned some things.

By kineticturtle on January 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Welp, this is a mess but I definitely learned some lessons this week. A big part of my focus this year is on doing just a few parts and doing them well, and on getting tone right. I've found that, with using the 4-track, I need to keep it even simpler - I've got to hold off on doing things like splitting the tracks between multiple instruments, it's too many things to focus on at once, as yet.

Anyway, instrumentation is

Moog Sub 37
bass guitar
Mono Evolver
Octatrack sequencing a Nord Drum and the Sub 37
baritone guitar
vocals, straight into the H4n (gibberish)

January 18, 2016 12:15 am

Rad!

January 18, 2016 1:15 am

Damn, your phrasing...uncanny doppelganger!
Good stuff.

January 18, 2016 9:13 am

Much respect here from another H4N user (which could not play this jam even if my life depended on it) smile

Maybe the guitar part is too loud, but I think that's the whole purpose of uing a 4 track: avoid that endless level tweaking of the DAW.

Really inspiring piece

January 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Really like this combination of acoustic and electronic timbres, the intro reminds me of 70s synth/new age jams (in a good way). The guitar comes in strong but then peters out a little, maybe you were envisioning lyrics? Could be a soundtrack too... anyway, like!

January 18, 2016 10:45 pm

This song sounds shows that you don't need much tracks to achieve some fairly complex sounds. I really like the sweep of the synths, makes it really interesting to listen to. I agree with Grey, could be used in a soundtrack. Maybe get the HH to do 8th's?

January 19, 2016 6:49 pm

There's a wonderful live feeling to this piece. Can't wait to hear more! Really digging those moog lead lines.

January 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Oh man I should comment AFTER I've heard the whole thing. I'd like to hear the vocals a little higher. I think the guitar is swallowing everything else up a bit - but it's still a fun track.

January 23, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks all. Essentially what happened with this was I got overwhelmed with keeping track of what was on each track and when, and I accidentally overwrote things and got levels way off. I was too flustered to write any lryics as well, so you guys totally read right into me!

January 24, 2016 4:17 am

This opening is amazing, great crunchy bass tone throughout!