Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / kevanatkins's music / Earthquake Étude

Earthquake Étude

By kevanatkins on June 15, 2016 7:03 pm

This week has been shitty. Really shitty. I cannot scream. I cannot roar. I certainly cannot shake the house. But FM synthesis can. And that makes me feel a little better. This is the past week in noise form.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
June 20, 2016 3:07 am

That certainly got my attention!

Hope this week is less shitty.

June 20, 2016 11:42 am

This is fucking gorgeous. Seriously. Really intense, but gorgeous.

June 20, 2016 11:44 am

I should append that this really has a kind of brutal, Mort Subotnick vibe. Totally your own, but this sounds convincingly analogue-y.

June 23, 2016 7:31 am

I am imagining this is surround-sound and scaring myself with it!

June 23, 2016 11:46 am
Jim Wood wrote:

That certainly got my attention!

Hope this week is less shitty.

vinpous wrote:

This is fucking gorgeous. Seriously. Really intense, but gorgeous.

Thanks! :-)

vinpous wrote:

I should append that this really has a kind of brutal, Mort Subotnick vibe. Totally your own, but this sounds convincingly analogue-y.

I haven't wrapped my ears around some Subotnick in a long time. Things can sound quite analogue-y just from being bandwidth-limited or having a funny frequency response. It's like with analogue BBD delays. Most of the sound comes from the aliasing and reconstruction filters, which exist on digital delays, just a higher frequencies.

mysterioso wrote:

I am imagining this is surround-sound and scaring myself with it!

I do have an 8 channel system that I could use for that. Just needs a sub. Hmm.

June 23, 2016 1:30 pm
kevanatkins wrote:

I do have an 8 channel system that I could use for that. Just needs a sub. Hmm.

I saw Bernard Parmegiani perform one of his pieces with a massive 8-point system, and I think that's what I'm being reminded of.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up