Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / You and What Army

You and What Army

By Jim Wood on June 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Vocal fragments: Adrian22 "Spiral 3"; HelenaJ "Red Light"; kcentric "Au2matic Upastar"; Leza2unes "Imperfect World"; sangrena "The Enchanted"; scomber "100 Paper Washingtons"; susannahk "Mina's Song"; Togora "October" (all http://pells.ccmixter.org/pells). Voices autotuned to 3 notes only: C F# and B.

June 13, 2016 12:24 am

This is sublime. So disorienting despite its beat. I love it.

June 13, 2016 12:29 am

I'm digging the sound on this one a lot.  Some of the altered vocals sound like some really sick synth tones.

June 13, 2016 12:22 pm

great work on the vocals! Reminds me a little bit of Mathhew Herbert's better work. Love it!

June 13, 2016 2:56 pm
vinpous wrote:

This is sublime. So disorienting despite its beat. I love it.

CosmicCairns wrote:

dj someguy wrote:

Thanks, guys! I hadn't listened to much Herbert, but I notice there's an interview with him on the Ableton site. I'll check it out.

June 13, 2016 3:03 pm

[/quote]

You should indeed, cause he's a very interesting guy! He's very intellectual in his approach to music. Always an interesting read!

June 13, 2016 3:48 pm

June 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Bravo Jim!!!

June 13, 2016 3:54 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

Absolute genius gif - scary who much it looks like Homer singing the tune smile

June 15, 2016 3:07 am

Fantastic, still no idea how you pull this off, dope glitch beat, agree parts of it remind me of Herbert's Bodily Functions album

June 15, 2016 8:15 pm

Wonderful track, strange and glitchy, but still groovy.

June 16, 2016 1:19 pm

you deserve some kind of IDM award for this'n! fav'd

June 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Great! It's always a fun experience to hear your work. Hadn't thought of it at first but agree with the Herbert references.

June 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Great work. Highly recommendable.

June 18, 2016 10:23 am

Exciting what you do here!
Great rhythmic vocals

June 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Trippy vocal work fo sho! smile Love how the vocals change up towards the last third of the track. Nice work smile

June 27, 2016 5:08 pm

This is such a weird track, but I dig it. I like the use of experimentation with the voices. What made you choose C F# and B as the notes for your auto-tuned voices?

June 27, 2016 5:47 pm
Oso Feo wrote:

Tritone and seventh (maximum dissonance in a "tonal" context). Low-level pretentious thinking, in other words. ::)

July 22, 2016 11:54 pm
Jim Wood wrote:
Oso Feo wrote:

Nah it's not pretentious. It's a dissonant concept.