Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / roll over Berio (and tell Stockhausen the news)

roll over Berio (and tell Stockhausen the news)

By Jim Wood on March 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Basic concept derived from Kevan Atkins' post from week 9. My mis-interpretation of his SC patch uses M4L LFOs controling elements in 3 Live Operators (drones at F and C): fine tuning, fixed frequency and algorhythm. Additional voice fragments (me) effected by ring-modulation (also frequency-modulated with an LFO).

March 28, 2016 1:20 am

I'm a sucker for drones and LFOs smile   Great to hear a different style from you too!

March 28, 2016 3:51 am

once it gets to the one third point, i was engrossed. i'm not sure i get all of the concept, but sounds interesting.

March 28, 2016 7:53 am

Damn. A wonderfully focussed but very engaging work. A lot more interesting than the original thing I did.

March 28, 2016 7:57 am

Also, I really should upgrade my copy of Live to Suite.

March 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Cool atmosphere! Sounds like I'm inside a creature's belly yikes

March 28, 2016 6:07 pm

I do enjoy a good drone once in awhile and this is an excellent one.  Love the dissonant elements that come in.  They create a nice sense of tension.

March 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Very melty!

March 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Spooky, makes me think of a horror movie scene, the atmosphere is very well done here.

March 28, 2016 10:58 pm
rdomain wrote:

george bowles wrote:

It was mainly process, something I don't usual do.

kevanatkins wrote:

Brackleforth wrote:

Cool atmosphere! Sounds like I'm inside a creature's belly yikes

CosmicCairns wrote:

I been getting into dissonance more and more lately. Adds some bite.

Ipaghost wrote:

Very melty!

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Thanks all! I really appreciate your comments.

March 28, 2016 11:27 pm

Nice, cinematic and eerie, interesting process.

March 30, 2016 3:12 pm

I like the effect the LFOs have, I feel like I'm in a rainbow powered monorail smile  Nice job!

March 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Lots of sad robots discussing a fallen friend......

March 30, 2016 4:57 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Nice, cinematic and eerie, interesting process.

Tone Matrix wrote:

GrainBastard wrote:

Lots of sad robots discussing a fallen friend......

Hmm… rainbow-powered monorail, sad robots -- you guys have too much free time ::) Thanks for listening!

March 31, 2016 2:40 am

Exquisite piece, Jim.  It's like sticking one's head in a pleasantly warm ham radio receiver.

March 31, 2016 3:20 pm
onezero wrote:

Now that's the best analogy I've heard yet ::)

March 31, 2016 10:14 pm

grabbed, thanks!

April 2, 2016 1:25 pm

Very Interesting Work, love the Modulations.

April 3, 2016 5:43 pm
yan_g wrote:

grabbed, thanks!

m2K7 wrote:

Very Interesting Work, love the Modulations.

Thanks for listening!