Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Rapid Ear Movement

Rapid Ear Movement

By Jim Wood on July 16, 2016 3:25 pm

E Major Pentatonic. Title courtesy Ian Banks. Vocal drones: me, paulstretched & tuned in Melodyne.

July 18, 2016 3:34 am

this piece gives me a nostalgic feel about life rather than the music itself... which is pretty unique! just makes me reminisce.

July 18, 2016 6:14 am

I'm really digging the Eastern vibe on this one.  This is probably my favorite track that you've posted so far this year.  Just out of curiosity, is that the writer Iain Banks you're referring to?  I just finished reading one of his sci-fi books and it was awesome.

July 18, 2016 8:21 am

My favorite this week. It has nice oriental flavour in it. Very very good track.

July 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Jim, you did well.

July 18, 2016 2:50 pm
george bowles wrote:

CosmicCairns wrote:

Yes, it's that Ian Banks. Gotta love his ship names.

Q-Rosh wrote:

My take on Indian vocals. ::)

paul raygun wrote:

Jim, you did well.

Thank you, guys!

July 18, 2016 9:00 pm

I swear I commented on this.  But my comment isn't here.  Anyway, it is amazing.

July 18, 2016 10:54 pm
Edmund Snyder wrote:

This happens to me all the time. Mini-black holes, I think.

July 18, 2016 11:34 pm

This is wonderful! The violin, the vocal drones and the rhythms are perfect together. Absolutely love it!

July 19, 2016 6:46 am

Nice Jim. Lots going on here, lots of development. Great sounds as always.

I predicted something from 'The Wasp Factory' was your IB reference for this week.... Maybe some other time smile

July 19, 2016 2:57 pm

This fucking works.
Always loved the way IB used that extra I to change his genres!

July 19, 2016 2:59 pm
mysterioso wrote:

Always loved the way IB used that extra I to change his genres!

I'm an idiot, it was the extra M.

July 19, 2016 7:35 pm
mysterioso wrote:
mysterioso wrote:

Always loved the way IB used that extra I to change his genres!

I'm an idiot, it was the extra M.

Although I'm sure an "I" would have done the job just as well. ::)

July 21, 2016 2:50 am

Ear candy. Excellent work!

July 22, 2016 4:17 pm

I like how the trippy vocal drones sort of melt together with the strings (or maybe that's more drones). It has a cinematic feel to it with the fading in and out vocals. Nice job! smile

July 22, 2016 6:14 pm

July 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Interesting sounds slithering into my ear so smoothly. The tom/ kick sounds caught my ear. Their muted textures added a nice little beat to the mix.

July 24, 2016 5:30 pm
Plantrain wrote:

GrainBastard wrote:

Nice Jim. Lots going on here, lots of development. Great sounds as always.

cfurrow wrote:

Ear candy. Excellent work!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Ipaghost wrote:

Oso Feo wrote:

Thank you all for your kind and perceptive comments!

July 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Chocolate for our ears smile