Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Morning Star

By Jim Wood on April 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Vocals: OrrisRoot "Morning Star" (http://ccmixter.org/files/orrisroot/43497) and Diaphane "Down the Streets" (http://ccmixter.org/files/Diaphane/37736). B Major.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 2, 2016 12:09 am

Vocal percussion. Very pretty. There's a kind of stop-start thing going on in here, and then the vocals come in, and it's superb.

May 2, 2016 12:21 am

excellent as always

May 2, 2016 1:08 am

It has a very appealing catchiness to it even as it sounds otherworldly. 

May 2, 2016 2:29 am

Oh yeah!  Those vocal samples!!  Really like what you did with them smile

May 2, 2016 3:55 am

I definitely zoned out (but not in the way where I stopped paying attention). I really like the ringmoddy percussive but melodic elements

May 2, 2016 8:57 am

Beautiful and demented......ace!!!!

May 2, 2016 1:14 pm

Two thumbs up.

May 2, 2016 3:02 pm

Wow - really works well.  That vocal cut sits perfectly.

May 3, 2016 4:37 am

been meaning for years to do a project like this using only voice samples, nice execution! really good track.

May 3, 2016 5:22 am

Awesome man! chopped vox, my fav

May 3, 2016 11:17 pm

May 6, 2016 2:07 pm

Excellent job!

May 7, 2016 8:53 am

Like pop music from an alternative reality. Very nice!

May 8, 2016 3:17 pm
vinpous wrote:

Vocal percussion. Very pretty. There's a kind of stop-start thing going on in here, and then the vocals come in, and it's superb.

leafo wrote:

excellent as always

CosmicCairns wrote:

It has a very appealing catchiness to it even as it sounds otherworldly.

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Oh yeah!  Those vocal samples!!  Really like what you did with them smile

Catthew O. wrote:

I definitely zoned out (but not in the way where I stopped paying attention). I really like the ringmoddy percussive but melodic elements

GrainBastard wrote:

Beautiful and demented......ace!!!!

Edmund Snyder wrote:

Two thumbs up.

cTrix wrote:

Wow - really works well.  That vocal cut sits perfectly.

donnyjankowski wrote:

Awesome man! chopped vox, my fav

Ipaghost wrote:

m2K7 wrote:

Excellent job!

Plantrain wrote:

Like pop music from an alternative reality. Very nice!

Thank you all for your generous comments!

May 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Gorgeous and a great use of vocal chopping for hooks/beats.  As ever, very well done!

May 17, 2016 1:52 am

BEAUTYFUL!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up