Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Keep

By Jim Wood on October 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Chopped, filtered vocals, Holly Wood. 12/8 time. E Dorian.

October 24, 2016 11:32 am

Very cool.
The voices are amazing, and I like these Trance like parts with the straght four on the floor beat (is that correct for 12/8 time ???).

October 24, 2016 3:05 pm
theGuen wrote:

Very cool.

The drums are actually, as you correctly perceived, in4/4. Everything else is 12/8.

October 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Quality stuff Jim! A lot more 'serious' sounding than what im used to hearing from you but just as compelling.

October 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Very nice.  I initially thought the vocals were a sick synth sound.  The actual synth line is pretty sick, too.

October 24, 2016 8:57 pm

October 26, 2016 3:42 am

Excellent, right from the start this drew me in, one of the best beats I've heard in the last few weeks! Well done!

October 27, 2016 7:58 pm

this song has a perfect ballance between music and vocals. the beat and the lead synthlines are pretty catchy and holly woods voacals are very nice prepared. This time you left some klicks in the beginning of your chops. Was a little irritated in the beginning. This song is one of my favorite songs you have done this year.

October 28, 2016 12:49 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

Thank you! As for the irritating kicks, "Jedem das seine..." ::)

October 30, 2016 9:16 am

Wonderful track, great vocal work and perfect music for the vocals. Faved!

October 31, 2016 12:48 am
GrainBastard wrote:

CosmicCairns wrote:

is nothing sacred? wrote:

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Thanks again for your comments!

November 8, 2016 2:46 am

i too enjoyed this one, just now getting around to hearing some of the weeks i've missed listening to

November 10, 2016 6:18 am

I like it.  Nice groove to it and i dig the karplus sounding vocal tweaks which bend down in pitch slightly at times.  Probably just stretched to shit i'm guessing?

November 10, 2016 3:39 pm