Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Dust My Dust

By Jim Wood on January 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Predominately in Bb Major. Choral swells in A Minor, F Major and C.

I really  need to clean the studio.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 25, 2016 12:12 am

Not sure if it was your intention, but the track has an "intrincate optimism" to it. Kinda hard to grasp what it is, but it made my smile.

Challenging production I hear. Did you built those choral harmonies just based on samples, live manipulation ?

Quirky nice track indeed!

January 25, 2016 12:16 am

I hear you on the dust.  That damn stuff gets everywhere.  Cool track, too!  I like the laid-back vibe.

January 25, 2016 1:01 am
laguna wrote:

Not sure if it was your intention, but the track has an "intrincate optimism" to it. Kinda hard to grasp what it is, but it made my smile.

Challenging production I hear. Did you built those choral harmonies just based on samples, live manipulation ?

Quirky nice track indeed!

Thanks! The "Blues" aspect was more of seasoning than the real thing; I was aiming at mellow. Choirs were built from my wife's vocal harmonies.

CosmicCairns wrote:

I hear you on the dust.  That damn stuff gets everywhere.  Cool track, too!  I like the laid-back vibe.

Yeah, New Mexico is dust central (even in winter). Having cats doesn't help.

January 25, 2016 2:26 am

Pretty, as always, Jim.

There's a really cool sound in there somewhere - like a reversy thing. I like it.

January 25, 2016 3:08 am
vinpous wrote:

There's a really cool sound in there somewhere

If only I could find it. :--))

January 25, 2016 5:31 am

Great character in this track. Person meets a new environment and begins interacting

January 25, 2016 6:00 am

Weird planet this comes from, glad I didn't die on the way here

January 25, 2016 5:54 pm

I like that bass line!

January 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Love those vocal swells. Dig it!

January 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Ah lovely ambience here, again, I could listen to your stuff all day, Jim!

January 26, 2016 12:24 am
Brackleforth wrote:

Great character in this track. Person meets a new environment and begins interacting

Catthew O. wrote:

Weird planet this comes from, glad I didn't die on the way here

Thanks! Also glad you didn't die!

Ipaghost wrote:

I like that bass line!

That's probably the most bluesy element.

cfurrow wrote:

Love those vocal swells. Dig it!

donnyjankowski wrote:

Ah lovely ambience here, again, I could listen to your stuff all day, Jim!

Appreciate the input, guys!

January 26, 2016 5:18 pm

yes, what they said :-) i like the combo of swells and breaks/clicks.

January 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Walking bass with a light fuzz and swells with angelic voices! Jim wood you capture something pretty interesting here.

January 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Honking cars in the Orbit. Seriously funny.

January 26, 2016 8:07 pm
colorful grey wrote:

yes, what they said :-) i like the combo of swells and breaks/clicks.

Mr Mort wrote:

Walking bass with a light fuzz and swells with angelic voices! Jim wood you capture something pretty interesting here.

Considering my middle-class honky upbringing.

Q-Rosh wrote:

Honking cars in the Orbit. Seriously funny.

thank you all!

January 26, 2016 11:03 pm

that was pretty cool, not quite microtonal but in the neighborhood. also not totally ambient, unique piece Jim.

January 27, 2016 2:05 am
george bowles wrote:

that was pretty cool, not quite microtonal but in the neighborhood. also not totally ambient, unique piece Jim.

Yeah, that comment from Vince made me rethink my somewhat casual approach to tonality.

January 27, 2016 2:29 am

Very nice.

January 28, 2016 5:00 am

Gorgeous, it has a childlike/nostalgic vibe with a bluesy rhythm tying it all together.

January 29, 2016 4:19 pm

Beautiful vocal pad, and I do love the tension with the bluesy bassline.  Nice stuff!

February 3, 2016 5:45 pm

I dig the bassline as it plods down the road with the swells.  Like some sort of gangly friendly monster slow dancing down the street smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up