Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Don't Use the Phone

Don't Use the Phone

By Jim Wood on March 31, 2016 4:32 pm

A regressive Duck-and-Cover dance. Voice: Art Linkletter, Civil Defense Radio Spot "Don't Use the Phone" (c.1951). C Major.

April 4, 2016 2:25 am

I particularly like the parts where the synthlines get a little "crazy" sounding.  Some nice use of dissonance again.  Kind of subtle, but it really adds something I think.

April 4, 2016 2:49 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

That's the simple trick I discovered (in Live) of stretching/compressing the melody line on another track and re-quantizing it; this creates a heterophonic effect.

April 4, 2016 3:55 am

I'm kind of allergic to autotune but I too enjoyed the subtle but weird dissonance smile

April 4, 2016 7:23 am

Strange, cool and catchy in it's own peculiar way. Nice!

April 4, 2016 2:37 pm

April 4, 2016 2:59 pm
license wrote:

Good catch: I used autotune in a couple of instances, didn't much like what it did, but (since I'd flattened that track) was too lazy to go back and fix it.

April 4, 2016 4:15 pm

Made me go and listen to some John Shuttleworth after hearing this...good job smile

April 4, 2016 5:12 pm

The frequent sudden dips in volume is a bold thing to do, and it sounds really good here! Liking the motif with high B, and as always enjoying your work with voice samples

April 5, 2016 8:39 am

very much like the deep bassy kicks and the contrast to the playful keys!!!

April 5, 2016 3:06 pm

Well done.  Art Linkletter would be proud.  Now I'm going to play some Fallout 4.

April 7, 2016 8:47 am

Excellent Work!

April 7, 2016 4:23 pm

Admirably disturbing and hypnotic!

April 11, 2016 8:56 am

When listening to your song the first time last week I had to make a decision: Should I call a certain person or not. As a reaction to your song title and as kinda warning notice I did not use the phone. It was a very good decision. Thanks for help and for the great song.

April 15, 2016 4:46 pm

There will always be a special place in my heart for rhytmic, chopped vox! Great job man!!

April 17, 2016 4:03 am

I like this too

April 17, 2016 3:30 pm
Plantrain wrote:

Strange, cool and catchy in it's own peculiar way. Nice!

Ipaghost wrote:

GrainBastard wrote:

Brackleforth wrote:

dj someguy wrote:

very much like the deep bassy kicks and the contrast to the playful keys!!!

dj someguy wrote:

very much like the deep bassy kicks and the contrast to the playful keys!!!

Edmund Snyder wrote:

m2K7 wrote:

Excellent Work!

onezero wrote:

Admirably disturbing and hypnotic!

Fred und Luna wrote:

donnyjankowski wrote:

r2me2 wrote:

I like this too

Thank you all / Danke sehr!!