Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / Counterfactual (Pretty Polly)

Counterfactual (Pretty Polly)

By Jim Wood on October 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Vocals: Leza Boyland "Imperfect World" (http://ccmixter.org/files/Leza2unes/32004). Bb Major.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
October 31, 2016 7:47 am

It has a nice catchy quality to it and the vocals sound fantastic as usual.  Great full arrangement as well.

October 31, 2016 5:05 pm

Beautiful, almost soothing feel to this song. Skilful work on the voicesamples, too.

October 31, 2016 9:57 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

Beautiful, almost soothing feel to this song. Skilful work on the voicesamples, too.

Yes, considering the original song was a murder ballad. Thanks!

November 1, 2016 8:41 am

Awesome job on on the vocals. I've just listened to the original...amazing.
There are sounds wich sound like very fast hihats... are these from stretching the vocals?

November 1, 2016 3:16 pm
theGuen wrote:

Awesome job on on the vocals. I've just listened to the original...amazing.
There are sounds wich sound like very fast hihats... are these from stretching the vocals?

Yes, artifacts.

November 1, 2016 4:16 pm
Jim Wood wrote:


Yes, artifacts.


Cool I like them!

November 1, 2016 5:43 pm

Great piece - uncomfortable vocals now i know the source. Well done.

November 1, 2016 9:26 pm

November 1, 2016 11:14 pm

i like it

November 3, 2016 8:53 pm

Beautiful work--particularly digging that spectral processing on the voice!

November 5, 2016 4:45 am

these processed vocals are so tight - makes for a great sound!

November 6, 2016 1:11 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

It has a nice catchy quality to it and the vocals sound fantastic as usual.  Great full arrangement as well.

GrainBastard wrote:

Great piece - uncomfortable vocals now i know the source. Well done.

Ipaghost wrote:

george bowles wrote:

i like it

onezero wrote:

Beautiful work--particularly digging that spectral processing on the voice!

nikola wrote:

these processed vocals are so tight - makes for a great sound!

Thank you all!

November 6, 2016 9:16 am

Great track in itself, the wonderful processing of the vocals make it even better. I like it!

November 6, 2016 11:14 am

Awesome track. Great work on the vocals! Fave'd

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up