Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Caravan

By Jetkick on February 6, 2016 6:15 am

Last WeeklyBeats I submitted a piece titled "Spoils," which you can listen to here: http://weeklybeats.com/#/jetkick/music/spoils

"Spoils" was a victory theme I'd composed with games like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and similar RPGs. I received some inspiration to make an "Overworld" theme (this piece's tentative title), with a setting like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles but with the attitude of Jet Set Radio or TTYD. Not sure if it stayed an overworld theme (or even a video game BGM tongue) but I think it's catchy enough as a standalone piece.

I made a weird bagpipe-ish sound out of general MIDI soundfonts (lol), crammed in some distorted bass and breakbeats, and placed a panned "fiddle" and recorder duo-turned-quartet over all of that. I'm particularly pleased with the balance on this one.

Hope you all enjoy! And lemme know what I can do better, as always!

Track on YouTube: youtu.be/_cY4uM6j5N4
Track on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jetkick/caravan

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 8, 2016 3:23 am

FF:CC + Jet Set Radio sounds like a suuuuuper interesting mash of styles. I'd play that game.

Really great melody (as always haha), and it definitely stays surprisingly cohesive. I had my doubts going in but you definitely pulled it off.

Please universe make this game become real!

February 8, 2016 4:49 am

This is basically the theme for the Jet Set Radio RPG that is very emotional.

February 8, 2016 9:33 am

I'm loving the flute+fiddle, I'm just wondering where it could every really be used in a game, other than the credits as a remix of the original theme song.

February 8, 2016 8:17 pm

Woah, this is powerful!

February 8, 2016 9:45 pm
Parallelis wrote:

FF:CC + Jet Set Radio sounds like a suuuuuper interesting mash of styles. I'd play that game.

Really great melody (as always haha), and it definitely stays surprisingly cohesive. I had my doubts going in but you definitely pulled it off.

Please universe make this game become real!

orangedrink wrote:

This is basically the theme for the Jet Set Radio RPG that is very emotional.

sylcmyk wrote:

Woah, this is powerful!

Thank you very much! big_smile

Devieus wrote:

I'm loving the flute+fiddle, I'm just wondering where it could every really be used in a game, other than the credits as a remix of the original theme song.

My thoughts exactly, halfway into this project, actually. And thank you!

April 27, 2016 8:28 am

Whah... you got me on Jet Set Radio smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up