Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jetkick's music / Aliens Discover the MLG Lifestyle

Aliens Discover the MLG Lifestyle

By Jetkick on January 31, 2016 7:14 pm

what started as a boring trap track turned into an awful train-of-thought experiment

i hope i gained something from this

(title created after the completion of the track, not inspiration)

February 1, 2016 8:09 pm

I really like your intro into the "trap" section.  Does MLG refer to Major League Gaming?  What did you use to make this track?  I like this track even though it is kinda.......weird. smile

February 1, 2016 8:10 pm

omg airhorn ending XD

February 2, 2016 1:19 am

Whoa, helluva mix of styles. Nice

February 2, 2016 7:09 am
orangedrink wrote:

Thank you kindly! Yeah, MLG refers to Major League Gaming. That part of the title draws exclusively from the use of "hitmarker" samples and the airhorn at the end. And I guess the classic synth leads. not really sure that justifies it actually
I used Massive for pretty much all the synths, samples from lots of free sample packs for the percussion and pitched snares/kicks, and random YouTube rips for the aforementioned "MLG" samples. And a lot of slicing and repitching all in REAPER.

February 2, 2016 7:09 am
exileFaker wrote:

Whoa, helluva mix of styles. Nice

Thank you very much! Definitely an oddball piece, even for me.

February 7, 2016 10:51 pm

This is great stuff. All over the place and catchy...

February 8, 2016 4:30 am