Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / JasonDoss's music / Shut Your Eyes and You'll Burst Into Flames

Shut Your Eyes and You'll Burst Into Flames

By JasonDoss on January 9, 2016 6:53 am

I wrote this using SNES Sounfonts on FL Studio 10.

Soundfonts were provided courtesy of William Kage.

You can check out other songs at www.soundcloud.com/jasondoss

January 11, 2016 12:09 am

NICE! big_smile

January 11, 2016 12:39 am

Rocking and strangely ska feel to it. Very cool!

January 11, 2016 1:00 am

Oh yea, nailed that old school soundtrack feel for sure. I feel like that lead fades out a bit too quickly though. Catchy as hell in any case!

January 11, 2016 1:41 am

thanks for the comments guys! As in any musicians case, the more I listened to this after I uploaded it the more I wanted to change/fix, but the beauty part of weekly beats is that it nonetheless challenges me to be productive smile

January 11, 2016 3:43 am

Rockin'. Soundfont style seems pretty fun heart might have to give that a try at some point.

January 11, 2016 4:56 am

love this style ♡ this tune is very catchy !!

January 11, 2016 10:18 am
hypnogram wrote:

Rockin'. Soundfont style seems pretty fun <3 might have to give that a try at some point.

Honestly in pretty addicted to using them as of late. They make writing less about programming and more about just good clean fun for me. I'm a pretty lazy musician at times and really just want to compose as easy and care free as possible. Using soundfonts takes little to no editing since most of the sounds you want are already there and ready. And the wonderful thing about them, they're supposed to be generic because that's what you're going for. My next few tracks in the upcoming weeks will most likely consist of fonts. I want to work with a lot of different genres, but these sounds just seriously capture me in a way I can't explain

January 11, 2016 7:11 pm
JasonDoss wrote:

Funny you should mention that. Programming is the only thing I'll be doing.

I still use soundfonts though, these seem particularly good.

January 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Love this! So bouncy and fun xD

January 18, 2016 12:46 am

Nice soundfonts! Some of them sound FM too. Damn catchy.