Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

state of emergency

By is nothing sacred? on October 29, 2016 7:00 pm

"I feel the 21st century is another new age. Not only can we collaborate again with nature, but we have to. It's an emergency." - Bjork



"Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong - these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history." - Winston Churchill

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

  • Play
  • Download
October 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Powerful, love the looong coda.

We'll find how bad the emergency is shortly...

November 4, 2016 4:55 pm

I love the ominous Residents-like atmosphere and the structure--it's really a surprising journey.

November 5, 2016 7:04 pm
onezero wrote:

I love the ominous Residents-like atmosphere and the structure--it's really a surprising journey.


thank you!  josh & i would like to request a residents mix from you - we don't know where to start with them...

i had started so many songs that week that didn't get finished & then this kinda came out all at once...

November 5, 2016 7:52 pm
is nothing sacred? wrote:
onezero wrote:

I love the ominous Residents-like atmosphere and the structure--it's really a surprising journey.


thank you!  josh & i would like to request a residents mix from you - we don't know where to start with them...

i had started so many songs that week that didn't get finished & then this kinda came out all at once...

That's so great.  Challenge accepted!  (Though it'll be light on post-early-80s Residents.)

November 8, 2016 8:00 pm
onezero wrote:
is nothing sacred? wrote:
onezero wrote:

I love the ominous Residents-like atmosphere and the structure--it's really a surprising journey.


thank you!  josh & i would like to request a residents mix from you - we don't know where to start with them...

i had started so many songs that week that didn't get finished & then this kinda came out all at once...

That's so great.  Challenge accepted!  (Though it'll be light on post-early-80s Residents.)


awesome!  i am still working on mixes for you folks - what's your mood been these days?

November 8, 2016 8:02 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Powerful, love the looong coda.

We'll find how bad the emergency is shortly...


November 15, 2016 4:39 pm
is nothing sacred? wrote:
onezero wrote:
is nothing sacred? wrote:
onezero wrote:

I love the ominous Residents-like atmosphere and the structure--it's really a surprising journey.


thank you!  josh & i would like to request a residents mix from you - we don't know where to start with them...

i had started so many songs that week that didn't get finished & then this kinda came out all at once...

That's so great.  Challenge accepted!  (Though it'll be light on post-early-80s Residents.)


awesome!  i am still working on mixes for you folks - what's your mood been these days?

Thank you!  We had a day of post-election edginess, but we're settling into a mood of self-constructiveness: take care of ourselves, family, friends, listen, and work outward from there. How are yinz guys?

November 16, 2016 6:26 pm
onezero wrote:
is nothing sacred? wrote:
onezero wrote:
is nothing sacred? wrote:
onezero wrote:

I love the ominous Residents-like atmosphere and the structure--it's really a surprising journey.


thank you!  josh & i would like to request a residents mix from you - we don't know where to start with them...

i had started so many songs that week that didn't get finished & then this kinda came out all at once...

That's so great.  Challenge accepted!  (Though it'll be light on post-early-80s Residents.)


awesome!  i am still working on mixes for you folks - what's your mood been these days?

Thank you!  We had a day of post-election edginess, but we're settling into a mood of self-constructiveness: take care of ourselves, family, friends, listen, and work outward from there. How are yinz guys?

we had a day of crying & just disbelief & are working through the edginess - focusing on the self-constructiveness/loving each other & our community etc. as well (so nicely put) 

 

heading to Kalamazoo & Marquette to play with Terminal Orchestra this weekend  - hope yinz guys in PA feel all the love vibes coming out of Michigan this weekend!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up