Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Pseudorandom

By Ipaghost on April 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Yet another runner. I guess you could say I'm running out of ideas.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
April 11, 2016 12:23 am

Where's the freakin GIF ?
I'm glad to know people so creative as you can run out of ideas. smile

I like how the chopped vocals are in line with the bass line (and almost part of them) during the first minute, and to be honest, anything with a Clavinet line will catch my attention, so it's a bit of a cheat. smile I feel like this particular instrument only works with syncopated beats (to fill the blanks) and I expected them. But they never come...
Great work as always. I expected more of a banger in the end but it's so great already...

April 11, 2016 12:43 am
FXtion wrote:

Where's the freakin GIF ?
I'm glad to know people so creative as you can run out of ideas. smile

I like how the chopped vocals are in line with the bass line (and almost part of them) during the first minute, and to be honest, anything with a Clavinet line will catch my attention, so it's a bit of a cheat. smile I feel like this particular instrument only works with syncopated beats (to fill the blanks) and I expected them. But they never come...
Great work as always. I expected more of a banger in the end but it's so great already...


Geeeeez! I was busy rendering it! I usually only finish my track minutes before the deadline.

That clav sound is actually a decimated bass synth. Eh, I just wanted to make something chill that would be good for a work mix.

April 11, 2016 1:15 am

That clav sound is actually a decimated bass synth. Eh, I just wanted to make something chill that would be good for a work mix.
Well, it sounds right as a Clavinet, don't you think?
I haven't been commenting on your previous work but you're a heck of a producer. But you already know that...

April 11, 2016 1:36 am

Sooooo groovy yes! That gif is perfecto

April 11, 2016 7:58 am

diggin it, like how it sounds familiar in a lot of ways but not derivative

April 11, 2016 9:11 am

Yeah man this is so dope.  So original.  Love your tracks!!! Keep it up :-)

April 11, 2016 2:06 pm
FXtion wrote:

That clav sound is actually a decimated bass synth. Eh, I just wanted to make something chill that would be good for a work mix.
Well, it sounds right as a Clavinet, don't you think?
I haven't been commenting on your previous work but you're a heck of a producer. But you already know that...


donnyjankowski wrote:

Sooooo groovy yes! That gif is perfecto



george bowles wrote:

diggin it, like how it sounds familiar in a lot of ways but not derivative



cTrix wrote:

Yeah man this is so dope.  So original.  Love your tracks!!! Keep it up :-)


April 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Sure doesn't sound like you're running out of ideas. Clever choice, using 80s instrumentation for a contemporary (and quite complex) piece. Kudos.

April 11, 2016 3:50 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Sure doesn't sound like you're running out of ideas.


It sure feels like it though!

April 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Damn, this is so goooood!

April 11, 2016 4:38 pm
Sodabelly wrote:

Damn, this is so goooood!


April 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Very cool track - sunny beach rave, small one about 300 people, some more friends arrive just as this drops....

April 11, 2016 5:13 pm
GrainBastard wrote:

Very cool track - sunny beach rave, small one about 300 people, some more friends arrive just as this drops....


I wish I was at the beach right now! Chicago winter has got me down

April 11, 2016 6:06 pm

April 11, 2016 6:18 pm

u r 2 kool 4 school

This is another great track!  I am impressed (again)

April 11, 2016 7:36 pm
7506 wrote:



orangedrink wrote:

u r 2 kool 4 school

This is another great track!  I am impressed (again)


April 11, 2016 8:11 pm

This is THE MOST FUCKING AWESOME I'VE HEARD, man! Maybe you use a lot of vocal samples, but it doesn't sound like you're running out of ideas. Nonetheless when you've tried 50 melodies with them and you show us the best one, it's natural you feel them "abused".

The groove is super funky, and that sidechain... I'm still wondering how you manage to sound so big. My stuff always end sounding muffled conpared to this

A great one, as usual

April 12, 2016 2:35 am

Very dreamy! Fav'd and downloaded!

April 12, 2016 4:06 am

So much love for this track. Super dreamy, super catchy, awesome beats and groovy bass lines. Great work as usual!

April 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Meat, pickle-wheels, endless couch .. the whole damn lot!

April 12, 2016 4:19 pm
laguna wrote:

This is THE MOST FUCKING AWESOME I'VE HEARD, man! Maybe you use a lot of vocal samples, but it doesn't sound like you're running out of ideas. Nonetheless when you've tried 50 melodies with them and you show us the best one, it's natural you feel them "abused".

The groove is super funky, and that sidechain... I'm still wondering how you manage to sound so big. My stuff always end sounding muffled conpared to this

A great one, as usual


That's probably the most prolific sample I've recorded to date! Lol
But yeah, every week it's like banging my head against the wall. I swear I had more ideas last before wb started!

Alphaglitch wrote:

Very dreamy! Fav'd and downloaded!



Martiln wrote:

So much love for this track. Super dreamy, super catchy, awesome beats and groovy bass lines. Great work as usual!



tim koch wrote:

Meat, pickle-wheels, endless couch .. the whole damn lot!


Aww yusss! There's my ride!

April 13, 2016 10:26 am

You're like the Caribou of Weekly Beats! What an awesome track is this!!!???!!! Fucking great man!

April 13, 2016 2:07 pm
dj someguy wrote:

You're like the Caribou of Weekly Beats! What an awesome track is this!!!???!!! Fucking great man!


April 14, 2016 5:42 pm


April 14, 2016 9:45 pm
onezero wrote:



April 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Damn, great Work! GEIL smile
You are creating your own Style.
Großartig!

April 15, 2016 3:25 pm
m2K7 wrote:

Damn, great Work! GEIL smile
You are creating your own Style.
Großartig!


April 15, 2016 10:37 pm

nice space

April 16, 2016 2:33 am
yan_g wrote:

nice space


April 16, 2016 5:37 pm
Ipaghost wrote:
yan_g wrote:

nice space



exactly !

April 16, 2016 10:47 pm

Awesome track.  Just sitting here zoning out to it with a dumb smile on my face.

April 17, 2016 12:40 pm
Ipaghost wrote:
m2K7 wrote:

Damn, great Work! GEIL smile
You are creating your own Style.
Großartig!


Damn, forgot to switch off the Camera. this is me smile

April 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Your running out of ideas sounds better than many people's ideas.
This track is great, groovy, but still complex. Not easy to pull off. Well done!

April 20, 2016 5:23 pm

It's always fun when I'm late to the party here. Scrolling through all the gifs makes for an excellent music video to this smile
Love that bassline! Good job as always meng!

April 21, 2016 7:25 pm
Plantrain wrote:

Your running out of ideas sounds better than many people's ideas.
This track is great, groovy, but still complex. Not easy to pull off. Well done!



Tone Matrix wrote:

It's always fun when I'm late to the party here. Scrolling through all the gifs makes for an excellent music video to this smile
Love that bassline! Good job as always meng!


That's why I do it!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up