Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ipaghost's music / Love Letters from the Subconscious

Love Letters from the Subconscious

By Ipaghost on February 14, 2016 8:28 pm


Typewriter samples are from this typewriter. 

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 15, 2016 1:15 am

Dreamy tune, sounded less playful and a little bit more introspective than your late stuff. Cool idea to mess with some selfmade home recordings. Specially liked that Daedalus/Gaslamp Killer raged drummer ending at the end. Beatifully origrammed breaks BTW

The animated GIF (which I bet you created) is a work of art

February 15, 2016 1:21 am

The gif really adds to this track! I love the melody. Mix is divine. Pitch bends compliment headtrip feeling. Bass awesome when it kicks in. Drums make it TOO COOL. Killin it this year.

February 15, 2016 2:17 am
laguna wrote:

Dreamy tune, sounded less playful and a little bit more introspective than your late stuff. Cool idea to mess with some selfmade home recordings. Specially liked that Daedalus/Gaslamp Killer raged drummer ending at the end. Beatifully origrammed breaks BTW

The animated GIF (which I bet you created) is a work of art


Thanks! I highly recommend making home made samples, they have way more character. Plus you can always make a nice gif while your at it!

Nimble Cipher wrote:

The gif really adds to this track! I love the melody. Mix is divine. Pitch bends compliment headtrip feeling. Bass awesome when it kicks in. Drums make it TOO COOL. Killin it this year.


I loves me a good gif!

February 15, 2016 5:47 am

Me, to my boyfriend: "God!  This guy's stuff is always so good!"

February 15, 2016 7:27 am

Oh man. Oh man. Typewritery goodness; there's a lot of poetics and metaphor here too, and I like it.

February 15, 2016 8:03 am

Yum, juicy melodies. Thanks for reminding me to daydream.

February 15, 2016 9:39 am

Very nice mood and samples! Downloading it!

February 15, 2016 2:54 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Me, to my boyfriend: "God!  This guy's stuff is always so good!"



vinpous wrote:

Oh man. Oh man. Typewritery goodness; there's a lot of poetics and metaphor here too, and I like it.



license wrote:

Yum, juicy melodies. Thanks for reminding me to daydream.



rANGEL wrote:

Very nice mood and samples! Downloading it!


February 15, 2016 4:08 pm

It's like the typewriter is offering sotto voce commentary. ;---)

February 15, 2016 4:22 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

It's like the typewriter is offering sotto voce commentary. ;---)


Or maybe not so subtle

February 15, 2016 5:14 pm

That percussion is beautiful dude, all the way through. The detuned swells add just the right character. Bravo!

February 15, 2016 6:44 pm

As the kids these days say "Dat typewriter doe"
and old peeps me say "Oh crap those drums are suhweet!" yikes
you deed it once again! nice work!

February 15, 2016 6:45 pm

me fail english also

February 15, 2016 7:57 pm
Brackleforth wrote:

That percussion is beautiful dude, all the way through. The detuned swells add just the right character. Bravo!


Thanks!

Tone Matrix wrote:

As the kids these days say "Dat typewriter doe"
and old peeps me say "Oh crap those drums are suhweet!" yikes
you deed it once again! nice work!


To the really old kids, getting a memo from a Chicago Typewriter meant something else entirely.

February 15, 2016 9:48 pm

aww jeez, this is good

February 15, 2016 9:52 pm

This piece is fantastic. Those typewriter samples are awesome and those drums are incredibly programmed. Awesome job on this one, fav'd!

February 16, 2016 12:09 am

Thanks guys!

7506 wrote:

aww jeez, this is good



Martiln wrote:

This piece is fantastic. Those typewriter samples are awesome and those drums are incredibly programmed. Awesome job on this one, fav'd!



February 16, 2016 6:11 pm

February 16, 2016 6:27 pm
Edmund Snyder wrote:


February 16, 2016 6:29 pm

how do you get a typewriter to write in cursive?

February 16, 2016 6:30 pm

also. i remember in the early 2000s there was a band that used a typewriter as drums, cant remember the name though hmm

February 16, 2016 7:03 pm
Phil Harmonic wrote:

how do you get a typewriter to write in cursive?


A few typewriters sport script typefaces. When I first saw a letter written in one over a decade ago, I scoured the internet for an affordable one. I made a free font from the typeface if you are interested.

There are probably more typefaces out there. Recently, someone made a Comic Sans typewriter:

Phil Harmonic wrote:

also. i remember in the early 2000s there was a band that used a typewriter as drums, cant remember the name though hmm


There probably have been typewriters in music since the first typewriter. I can rattle a quite a few recent songs that feature them, wikipedia has a few... is the band there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typewriter#In_music

February 16, 2016 7:34 pm
Ipaghost wrote:
Phil Harmonic wrote:

how do you get a typewriter to write in cursive?


A few typewriters sport script typefaces. When I first saw a letter written in one over a decade ago, I scoured the internet for an affordable one. I made a free font from the typeface if you are interested.

There are probably more typefaces out there. Recently, someone made a Comic Sans typewriter:

Phil Harmonic wrote:

also. i remember in the early 2000s there was a band that used a typewriter as drums, cant remember the name though hmm


There probably have been typewriters in music since the first typewriter. I can rattle a quite a few recent songs that feature them, wikipedia has a few... is the band there?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typewriter#In_music


cool

February 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Good god, this is great.

February 16, 2016 10:30 pm
Sodabelly wrote:

Good god, this is great.


Thanks!

February 18, 2016 7:33 am

budda budda budda budda budda

Tone Matrix wrote:

As the kids these days say "Dat typewriter doe"
and old peeps me say "Oh crap those drums are suhweet!" yikes
you deed it once again! nice work!


To the really old kids, getting a memo from a Chicago Typewriter meant something else entirely.

February 19, 2016 8:58 pm

that is amazing! the typewriter percussion really reminded me of some older matmos stuff.

February 21, 2016 11:41 pm

...fantastic. using headphones, what a trip. so coool.

February 21, 2016 11:45 pm

...even more wow now. the drums kicked in.

February 22, 2016 12:00 am
matheusleston wrote:

that is amazing! the typewriter percussion really reminded me of some older matmos stuff.



Thanks! That's a big complement!

minaret_kid wrote:

...fantastic. using headphones, what a trip. so coool.

minaret_kid wrote:

...even more wow now. the drums kicked in.


It's good with and without the headphones

February 24, 2016 1:02 am

oh wow this is dope

February 24, 2016 6:28 pm
VBO wrote:

oh wow this is dope


February 29, 2016 3:20 am

Very interesting textures and gentle harmonies! heart heart

February 29, 2016 4:20 pm
sylcmyk wrote:

Very interesting textures and gentle harmonies! <3 <3


Thanks!

March 1, 2016 1:05 am

♪ (。´_●`)ノ┌iiii┐ヾ(´○_`*) ♪

March 1, 2016 4:44 am
Naikymusic wrote:

♪ (。´_●`)ノ┌iiii┐ヾ(´○_`*) ♪


March 14, 2016 5:40 am

I put this track on a mixtape for my friend and he really enjoyed it smile

March 14, 2016 6:02 pm
orangedrink wrote:

I put this track on a mixtape for my friend and he really enjoyed it smile


Your friend has excellent taste!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up