Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ioflow's music / slow circles

slow circles

By ioflow on August 9, 2016 8:20 pm

a slow lagoon circuit, surrounded by tiny cheeping birds. bushtits, scolding anna's hummingbirds, and distant crows.

all sounds from the modular. melodies and swells from a makenoise STO and Function, sent through mutable instruments Clouds. long-form note loops play by monome earthsea, which also modulates parameters on the makenoise modules. the isms case/instrument provides an LPG and spring reverb tank. tape delay via strymon el capistan. radiomusic played back the field recording.

each layer was recorded separately into ableton live, without listening to any of them until the whole song was assembled; a sort of "blind" recording process.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
August 17, 2016 3:29 am

a sonic vacation, well done

August 17, 2016 8:43 pm
orangedrink wrote:

a sonic vacation, well done


thank you! i too envisioned it as an audio retreat; a gentle, quiet place in the shade, surrounded by all of creation and the happily cheeping birds.

August 17, 2016 9:48 pm
ioflow wrote:
orangedrink wrote:

a sonic vacation, well done


thank you! i too envisioned it as an audio retreat; a gentle, quiet place in the shade, surrounded by all of creation and the happily cheeping birds.

Are you very serene in your personal life?  I feel like I am learning so much about how you view the world through your pieces.  I really like it and just wonder if you would call yourself a calm or gentle person.  I don't think I could ever compose a piece like this, due to my personal nature (at this period of time) - not that I'm stressed out or angry, but I don't think I understand stillness so deeply.  Your work inspires me to understand more about this world!

August 19, 2016 7:59 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Are you very serene in your personal life?  I feel like I am learning so much about how you view the world through your pieces.  I really like it and just wonder if you would call yourself a calm or gentle person.  I don't think I could ever compose a piece like this, due to my personal nature (at this period of time) - not that I'm stressed out or angry, but I don't think I understand stillness so deeply.  Your work inspires me to understand more about this world!


regarding serenity and calmness: every day i am afflicted with intense physical pain and failing health. but these things do not stop me from praising the God who made all this beautiful nature to be experienced, and who fills me with persistent peace that transcends all my hurts and difficulties. i do what i can, through song, to reflect His work in my life and all around me. things fall apart, but there is still His peace.

August 20, 2016 12:09 am
ioflow wrote:
orangedrink wrote:

Are you very serene in your personal life?  I feel like I am learning so much about how you view the world through your pieces.  I really like it and just wonder if you would call yourself a calm or gentle person.  I don't think I could ever compose a piece like this, due to my personal nature (at this period of time) - not that I'm stressed out or angry, but I don't think I understand stillness so deeply.  Your work inspires me to understand more about this world!


regarding serenity and calmness: every day i am afflicted with intense physical pain and failing health. but these things do not stop me from praising the God who made all this beautiful nature to be experienced, and who fills me with persistent peace that transcends all my hurts and difficulties. i do what i can, through song, to reflect His work in my life and all around me. things fall apart, but there is still His peace.

Boy what an incredible response.  I am sorry to hear about your health issues and want to send you much love and support from afar.  Your work TRULY does what you set out to do: it praises a Higher Power and all the beauty of its creations in this world and transmits a peace much greater than you, me, all of us.  Wow.  I am really touched!  Thanks so much for your thoughtful answer!!!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up