Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Cracktro01

By iLKke on January 10, 2016 11:53 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_intro

This is a hark back to how I used to make chirp-choons back in the 90s, talk about setting the bar low smile
Virtually no sound design, and all the genre tropes are in there.

Seriously though, I miss the format of the cheesy endlessly-repeating small-filesize tune.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 11, 2016 12:04 am

Nice chords and pretty funky for being so squarely in the chiptune vein.

January 11, 2016 12:08 am

So much fun, made me smile! Melody is catchy as, still boppin' along to it.

January 11, 2016 12:16 am

No shame in your game! I love it! I've got a c64, kerberos, and sidwizard...I think I should give this a shot...

January 11, 2016 12:18 am

I do love me some SID vibes, this is sweet. smile

January 11, 2016 12:20 am

Love this!

January 11, 2016 12:25 am

yeeee boiiii! so much fun.

January 11, 2016 3:29 am

Gracias, muchachos! heart

January 11, 2016 4:02 am

favvied

January 11, 2016 4:02 am

WEEKLY BEATS....... 2016.......WE'RE BACK!!!!.....SHOUT OUT TO......(INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR FRIENDS) .... OH AND FUCK (INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR ENEMY).....WHAT A BUNCH OF LAMERS!.....OK, ENOUGH RAMBLING..... OH BUT WAIT!....(SOME MORE RAMBLING)....OK BYE NOW! ENJOY WEEKLY BEATS!....CIAO!.....L8R!!......

January 11, 2016 4:06 am

Cheerful-chip achievement! Reminds me of innocence and the anticipation of not entirely legitimate software - sweet!

January 11, 2016 5:21 am

GOOD!! LOVE!!

January 11, 2016 6:36 am

Excellent 90's feeling... Was that made on a real Amiga or tracked in a modern computer?

I've got my Amiga 600 ready for this year's WB, so maybe we could make some beatiful 4k compo week edition smile

January 11, 2016 7:54 am
laguna wrote:

Excellent 90's feeling... Was that made on a real Amiga or tracked in a modern computer?

It was made on a real Commodore64 actually, but I was going for the Amiga feel smile

laguna wrote:

so maybe we could make some beatiful 4k compo week edition

Deal! Defs up for some Amiga protracking this year.


January 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Ohhhh maaaannn!!   Yeah - you can't fault a real SID chip :-)  Sounds lush mate.  You've nailed everything from filters to res to drums so well.  For a machine that's so damn hard to work with.  Looking forward to some iLKke tracks this year!

January 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Ahh, takes me back to the late 80's, the smell of leaking electrolyte in the capacitors of a crt screen and my pre-yellow C64 setup smile . So much win crammed in the Sid chip, good job on getting it out! 

January 11, 2016 4:45 pm

┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓

January 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Love it! I need to see if I can get one of my c64 boxes running this year! I had a pile of them but no power supply!

January 11, 2016 11:09 pm

January 12, 2016 2:56 am
cTrix wrote:

You've nailed everything from filters to res to drums so well.  For a machine that's so damn hard to work with.

Mate! One of these days you'll give it a go and you're gonna kill it on your second try.
Then you'll be kicking yourself you didn't do it sooner smile

January 13, 2016 4:02 pm

\m/

January 13, 2016 5:30 pm

Radmobile!

January 14, 2016 5:30 am

So much love for this track and the sound! Can I get a copy on floppy?

January 17, 2016 1:01 am

niiice, authentic 90s smile

January 17, 2016 10:30 am

dem amiga feels. oh yay, love it smile

January 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Oh, this is awesome.  Great melodic hook, masterful chip-funk.  Would play the Atari cartridge game this goes with.

January 19, 2016 7:19 am
license wrote:

Nice chords and pretty funky for being so squarely in the chiptune vein.

Nimble Cipher wrote:

So much fun, made me smile! Melody is catchy as, still boppin' along to it.

Diagamblic wrote:

No shame in your game! I love it! I've got a c64, kerberos, and sidwizard...I think I should give this a shot...

DjjD wrote:

I do love me some SID vibes, this is sweet. smile

NWSPR wrote:

Love this!

little-scale wrote:

yeeee boiiii! so much fun.

kigu klub wrote:

favvied

XC3N wrote:

WEEKLY BEATS....... 2016.......WE'RE BACK!!!!.....SHOUT OUT TO......(INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR FRIENDS) .... OH AND FUCK (INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR ENEMY).....WHAT A BUNCH OF LAMERS!.....OK, ENOUGH RAMBLING..... OH BUT WAIT!....(SOME MORE RAMBLING)....OK BYE NOW! ENJOY WEEKLY BEATS!....CIAO!.....L8R!!......

tim koch wrote:

Cheerful-chip achievement! Reminds me of innocence and the anticipation of not entirely legitimate software - sweet!

zyuuziro wrote:

GOOD!! LOVE!!

laguna wrote:

Excellent 90's feeling... Was that made on a real Amiga or tracked in a modern computer?

I've got my Amiga 600 ready for this year's WB, so maybe we could make some beatiful 4k compo week edition smile

cTrix wrote:

Ohhhh maaaannn!!   Yeah - you can't fault a real SID chip :-)  Sounds lush mate.  You've nailed everything from filters to res to drums so well.  For a machine that's so damn hard to work with.  Looking forward to some iLKke tracks this year!

Djeroek wrote:

Ahh, takes me back to the late 80's, the smell of leaking electrolyte in the capacitors of a crt screen and my pre-yellow C64 setup smile . So much win crammed in the Sid chip, good job on getting it out!

Brackleforth wrote:

┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓

Ipaghost wrote:

Love it! I need to see if I can get one of my c64 boxes running this year! I had a pile of them but no power supply!

exileFaker wrote:

\m/

Pieces of Eight wrote:

Radmobile!

donnyjankowski wrote:

So much love for this track and the sound! Can I get a copy on floppy?

NickC wrote:

niiice, authentic 90s smile

RunStopPlay wrote:

dem amiga feels. oh yay, love it smile

onezero wrote:

Oh, this is awesome.  Great melodic hook, masterful chip-funk.  Would play the Atari cartridge game this goes with.

Thanks everyone!
I didn't really think much of the track before, but now you made me like it more smile
There'll probably be another cracktro or two later in the year.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up