Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / iLKke's music / Colonel Tardigrade Escapes the Resonant Mirrorpedes

Colonel Tardigrade Escapes the Resonant Mirrorpedes

By iLKke on January 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Look at him go!
Join us next week for more shenanigans

Made entirely on public transportation using Klystrack

January 25, 2016 12:09 am

Man, first of all... I had that illustration in some UFO book when I was a kid... AND I LOVED IT. Do you know the author, by any chance?

Second, my track from this week it was an attemp to emulate some of your chippy stuff... and my MilkyTRacker setup went terribly wrong sad . Big respect anyway

Lastly, I'm really loving all that funkyness you're bringing this year. Man, it really feels challenging to get that swing with such a sparse samples. I'll definetely have to give Klistrack a go, and I hope it doesn't get messy with the Jack daemon like MilkyTracker.

Downloaded and faved, of course smile

January 25, 2016 12:11 am
laguna wrote:

Downloaded and faved, of course smile

Cheers man! Glad you liking teh phunk.

The artist is Chris Foss btw

January 25, 2016 12:14 am

Digging the spacy synths.  I hope Colonel Tardigrade survives and is able to strike back at those nefarious Mirrorpedes!

January 25, 2016 12:15 am
iLKke wrote:

The artist is Chris Foss btw

Thank you mate! You made my day smile

January 25, 2016 12:24 am

About a third of the way in when the beat drops out... HOT. Sick track, sick title.

January 25, 2016 12:35 am

Dig the track, although would like to see a proper ending on it!
Are you writing on a netbook, or can Klystrack run on handhelds?

January 25, 2016 3:25 am

Man klystrack is so dope.... but I could never get it not to crash on my PC =/
c00l alien vibes!

January 25, 2016 4:37 am

Lovin' the arpy lead and chunk-laden funk backing - the abrupt EoS works for me - faivritted!

If only Chris Foss had been able to have his designs used in the doomed Jodorowsky Dune!

January 25, 2016 6:29 am
Ipaghost wrote:

Dig the track, although would like to see a proper ending on it!

Yeah endings are what gets rushed when I'm tight on time smile I usually keep tracks loopable until the very end.

Ipaghost wrote:

Are you writing on a netbook, or can Klystrack run on handhelds?

Running it on a tiny netbook (that is also a tablet w detachable keyboard), don't think trackers can work too well on keyboard-less devices :\

XC3N wrote:

Man klystrack is so dope.... but I could never get it not to crash on my PC =/
c00l alien vibes!

Oh man sad to hear! When does it crash? Did you try the latest stable version? Or latest beta?

Nimble Cipher wrote:

Thanks! Yeah that's the bit that justified making the track smile

CosmicCairns wrote:

Buy the next issue to find out!

tim koch wrote:

Cheers, I'm pretty happy with that wah-guitarp. Otherwise my sound design is super crude here - Klystrack can do very nice stuff but I just made crunchy noise by habit

January 25, 2016 6:32 am

XC3N wrote:

I haven't tried it in years now, maybe I should try again

Go for it man! There's some awesome tutes here:
http://n00bstar.blogspot.com.au/p/klyst … rials.html

Yeah n00bstar is a friend of mine, he's the one who mentioned it to me smile

January 25, 2016 7:04 am

Made on public transportation no less! What a fun track.

January 25, 2016 8:06 am
XC3N wrote:
iLKke wrote:
XC3N wrote:

I haven't tried it in years now, maybe I should try again

Go for it man! There's some awesome tutes here:
http://n00bstar.blogspot.com.au/p/klyst … rials.html

Yeah n00bstar is a friend of mine, he's the one who mentioned it to me smile

His Klystrack stuff is stupidly good!
I've done some sleeve art for him ages ago, hnyeh hnyeh

January 25, 2016 12:42 pm

Good job, nice tune!

January 25, 2016 3:34 pm
iLKke wrote:

Ipaghost wrote:

Are you writing on a netbook, or can Klystrack run on handhelds?

Lsdj & lgpt users would disagree with you on that one!
I think nitrotracker also works well on the nds, but it does have a virtual keyboard which helps.

January 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Tracker love again! Good work

January 26, 2016 12:18 am
Ipaghost wrote:

don't think trackers can work too well on keyboard-less devices :\

Lsdj & lgpt users would disagree with you on that one!

Doh, I was thinking touchscreens not gamepads, my bad!
Definitely wanna make some piggy tracks this year again! (Otoh didn't really find nitro very usable myself)

January 26, 2016 12:18 am

#quotefail

January 26, 2016 4:37 am

Title sucked me in and those arps kept me there. Love the bass + percussion so much

January 26, 2016 5:18 pm

So fresh and funky!!! This is awesome!

January 26, 2016 5:36 pm

That lead synth is so effing cool! How do you model something like that?

January 26, 2016 7:47 pm

It is great fun to listen to all that sounds.
I must find out how you did this.

January 27, 2016 12:58 am
Mr Mort wrote:

That lead synth is so effing cool! How do you model something like that?

Q-Rosh wrote:

It is great fun to listen to all that sounds.
I must find out how you did this.

Here's the workfile in case you guys want to take a peek.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/137 … orpedes.kt

You are most likely to be disappointed tho smile
I was mostly just selecting multiple waveforms at once (it does a logical AND operation between them) until something sounds interesting, and then maybe a bit of filtering on top. Klystrack actually does a lot of nifty things like say FM synthesis, but my grasp of it is still pretty poor.

P.S.
That dropbox link ain't gonna live forever but might include it in the examples folder come next Klystrack release.

January 27, 2016 9:48 pm

You had me at "tardigrade."  But the track itself is great--low res funkiness, great swirly lead, sounds like tardigrade vocals in there, too!  Awesome stuff, and tardigrade-approved!

January 28, 2016 12:02 am
onezero wrote:

I admit I was relying on tardigrade charm to carry me to fame and stardom. Ain't no biz as dirty as showbiz!

January 28, 2016 3:08 pm

hell yeah sim-city funk big_smile

January 29, 2016 12:23 am

oh and might I add ..

January 31, 2016 6:50 pm

filtered synth that enters shortly after the beginning is fucking great!

February 4, 2016 5:04 am

Ahhhh filters once again.... !!!  Nice one pickle.  What platform is this for?

February 4, 2016 5:11 am
cTrix wrote:

Ahhhh filters once again.... !!!  Nice one pickle.  What platform is this for?

Klystrack!