Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

experiment 1

By ice smashing on July 3, 2016 10:39 pm

short on time this week, so instead of rushing a shit track i did an experiment. nothing fancy, just wanted to layer stuff over its self to see how it sounds (i know its been done before, ive just never really tried it myself). recorded a loop, glitched it out a bit, glitched out the glitched recording, and again and again. used an old casio pt-80 and a mini kp. see you next week!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
July 4, 2016 5:59 pm

Well that turned out pretty good to me, interesting sounds you found there, some great material for a future track... smile

July 6, 2016 8:41 pm
FXtion wrote:

Well that turned out pretty good to me, interesting sounds you found there, some great material for a future track... smile


thanks! hey hey, if you want some sounds to play with shoot me an email wink

July 7, 2016 3:35 pm

I don't really understand what a mini kp is, although I'm sure I should really. But this is good stuff, thought I was hearing a modular rig at first. Fairly dark-sounding too, the way I likes it.

July 7, 2016 5:47 pm
sinewave wrote:

I don't really understand what a mini kp is, although I'm sure I should really. But this is good stuff, thought I was hearing a modular rig at first. Fairly dark-sounding too, the way I likes it.


oh wow, thanks! I wish I could afford a modular rig... a minikp is korgs mini KP3

July 11, 2016 5:56 am

Man I love the experimentation! It sounds crazy! I definitely like the 1st half more. It's a lot more chaotic with in an orderly sort of way. I feel like if you found a way to chop the audio you could make some Ed Banger type stuff.

July 11, 2016 4:29 pm
Oso Feo wrote:

Man I love the experimentation! It sounds crazy! I definitely like the 1st half more. It's a lot more chaotic with in an orderly sort of way. I feel like if you found a way to chop the audio you could make some Ed Banger type stuff.


thank you! I'd like to make a track with the sounds I got out of this, but I haven't had much luck with that so far sad

July 22, 2016 11:44 pm
ice smashing wrote:
Oso Feo wrote:

Man I love the experimentation! It sounds crazy! I definitely like the 1st half more. It's a lot more chaotic with in an orderly sort of way. I feel like if you found a way to chop the audio you could make some Ed Banger type stuff.


thank you! I'd like to make a track with the sounds I got out of this, but I haven't had much luck with that so far sad

Oh really? how about now? Maybe you can delay it and create some kind of drone out of it? Then add a sick techno beat.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up