Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / george bowles's music / SITARI - relaxation is confusing

SITARI - relaxation is confusing

By george bowles on April 9, 2016 9:01 am

continuation of sitari album

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
April 11, 2016 2:58 am

This really reminds me of Autechre's Confield album.  Some great tones, almost sounding like bowls and bells, being stretched and crunched into oblivion.  I love the title - fits the track.  the elements are relaxing, but the rhythm is confusing.  great work!

April 11, 2016 3:01 am

Whoa, posted this comment before I got to the end.  Did you slow down the original elements from the beginning?  The speech synthesis was really scary and awesome.  *thumbs up*

April 11, 2016 5:09 am
orangedrink wrote:

This really reminds me of Autechre's Confield album.  Some great tones, almost sounding like bowls and bells, being stretched and crunched into oblivion.  I love the title - fits the track.  the elements are relaxing, but the rhythm is confusing.  great work!

that's about the highest compliment i could get, thanks!!!

yeah the end half is slowed down and it re-presents the first half through a series of transmogrifying experiments.

April 11, 2016 2:15 pm

April 11, 2016 4:33 pm

I like the consequently experimental musically nonstrucure . For my ears there was a large amount of broken glas and tins and
robots working in a garage of metalwaste. Am I wrong?

April 11, 2016 9:23 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

i walked through a screen door once, but that's taking it to a whole new level!

April 11, 2016 9:23 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

I like the consequently experimental musically nonstrucure . For my ears there was a large amount of broken glas and tins and
robots working in a garage of metalwaste. Am I wrong?

yup lots of broken glass samples and a whole battalion of robots in there

April 12, 2016 12:46 am

Relaxation is also not that relaxing. Great development and transmogrification (big word of the week)!

April 13, 2016 6:37 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Relaxation is also not that relaxing. Great development and transmogrification (big word of the week)!

thankyou thankyou thankyou!

April 13, 2016 10:47 am

Very interesting track for sure. Had to listen a couple of times ... The track is full of ideas and is pretty challenging, I like the Autechre reference of Orangedrink, can't come up with a better compliment myself. Great stuff!

April 14, 2016 2:30 am
dj someguy wrote:

Very interesting track for sure. Had to listen a couple of times ... The track is full of ideas and is pretty challenging, I like the Autechre reference of Orangedrink, can't come up with a better compliment myself. Great stuff!

many thanks! smile

April 14, 2016 2:51 am

Great production on this. Interesting use of rhythms. Very orginal. Peace.

April 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Pleasingly confusing indeed!

April 15, 2016 11:10 pm

great track

April 15, 2016 11:11 pm

there's a lot going on

April 18, 2016 4:53 am
Mercurymonkey wrote:

Great production on this. Interesting use of rhythms. Very orginal. Peace.

onezero wrote:

Pleasingly confusing indeed!

yan_g wrote:

great track

thanks y'all! good to know people are hearing and enjoying my work smile

April 21, 2016 7:31 pm

A fun and trippy experience. Dig it!

I enjoyed starting at this gif for quite a while as listening:

onezero wrote:

Pleasingly confusing indeed!


April 22, 2016 12:46 am
miraclemiles wrote:

A fun and trippy experience. Dig it!

I enjoyed starting at this gif for quite a while as listening:

onezero wrote:

Pleasingly confusing indeed!

well cool, glad you liked it! after taking a week off (forgetting to do wb!) I am back this week with another track in a similar vein, Sitari album nearing completion

April 22, 2016 1:43 am

Sounds of late night confusion and breaking glass.  Madness I tells ya.

April 25, 2016 3:18 am
rdomain wrote:

Sounds of late night confusion and breaking glass.  Madness I tells ya.

-_-

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up