again, another compositional conundrum. this one seemed to drag in parts and be overly long at times, but for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to edit it any more than i did, which was not much. i kept feeling like the first half or so needed to be a bit dirge-like to set up the weirdass breakbeat ending, which almost sounds as if played by a somewhat damaged cyborg freejazz drummer (kind of how i play drums in real life, tbh).
anyways, i feel like i struggle most with composition, because i get attached to the sounds i design, and also sort of get lost in the work, to be a good editor. this is another track using the linn drum sample bank i posted in the forums. still digging the sound of that particular drum machine. maybe it is because all the samples were recorded on good reel to reel tape and then transferred to computer.
this is a slowed down version of what i had made, i may speed up the first half of the song in places when i have more time, the problem being in a week it is difficult to get to know the composition of a track and what needs to be gone, and hasty edits sound like shit, so no sense in guessing about it. it was hard to get this one to pop out more, but i feel like it has a nice spatial quality to it that i didn't want to overcompress.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)