Adelaide, South Australia

Just.

Ten weeks in and I'm steadily losing momentum. Time's wickedly escaping me throughout the week.

How are others doing?

Melbourne, Australia

Finding myself time-strapped. But I don't labour over the WB adventure at all, so it's not a big deal.

Wisconsin, USA

I feel the same way.  WB forces me to work under pressure, or learn to let go of the outcome, or some combination of the two!

Melbourne, Victoria

Yeah, last week I hit a wall a bit and felt a pretty sharp loss in moment. I still put out something, even if it sucked and it was the morning it was due. But you bounce back from these things, it's just part of the deal. But the end result is not the point anyway. The point is you're working on your chops by creating work every week.

Bristol, UK

its okay to have good weeks and bad. I know further down the line that I'll have weeks where I've got tons of other stuff to do (eg holidays!) or that not every track will be exactly what I want (there have already been a couple where I'm like "WHY?"), but the important thing is to stay on the ride. This has already been overwhelmingly positive.

St Louis

i'm starting to have trouble listening to all the tracks, still catching up from last sunday but at least i'm not week or weeks behind yet

Wisconsin, USA
george bowles wrote:

i'm starting to have trouble listening to all the tracks, still catching up from last sunday but at least i'm not week or weeks behind yet

are you trying to listen to every single track?

Finland

I like the time restriction. I might go to studio 4 hours before deadline and write a track from scratch.

AU

Yeah - it's starting to interfere with life / health a bit.  A lot actually!  I just havn't had the hours recently.    I got mine done last night because Sunday wasn't an option.  I'm helping run an event today - but because I  was up until 3am - now I've slept in 3 hours with 4 missed calls.  I already ditched my mates music recital last night.  The idea was to make something "fast" but then I got into the track and my quality control kicked in. "Nothing else matters!"... and 8 hours disappeared.  That's the problem : not wanting to compromise the track in situations where missing sleep is the other option.  I'm glad I stayed up and made something I'm proud of, but yeah, letting down family / friends / work as a result.  Is anyone else having these issues?!

Last edited by cTrix (March 20, 2016 12:13 am)

AU
vinpous wrote:

Finding myself time-strapped. But I don't labour over the WB adventure at all, so it's not a big deal.

Damn it!  Your tracks are next level and have some amazing write ups to match :-P

St Louis

i do give every track a chance, but due to the sheer volume of tracks if it doesn't grab my ear right away i will skip to next track

Melbourne, Australia
cTrix wrote:
vinpous wrote:

Damn it!  Your tracks are next level and have some amazing write ups to match :-P

Haha, you can talk! As you say: production/quality control kicks in for you.

Melbourne, Australia

Always seem strapped for time, exhausted at the end of each working day (Physically and Mentally, there's no quality coming out of a exhausted me)

Usually I'm a complete write off on Monday morning (for when I do 'the lets get up really early to make something', or go straight though till morning to finish something)
Tonight's mode looks like it will be "ok, I've got all night till I fall asleep to make something" Which is once I get back (around 1am)

I've been really busy with work stuff or assisting with different festivals/music events/ etc.

Even right now, I would LOVE to spend some studio time indoors but I'm just about to head away from my home studio yet again cuz prior commitment.
(Come to an Illegal(?) (probably) park party if you like wink)

The only time i'm finding to work on stuff is a train trip/ a bus trip. etc. <-- these have literally been the best 10/15 minutes at a time that I can do stuff in.

When the time comes around where I actually have time on my hands (A weekend when there's nothing on!)
I hope i'm not just gonna fall asleep..

I Hope to sit down next weekend and hopefully be in a better position to work on some ideas rather than a survival mode track..

I remember earlier this year were I would start my tracks on Wednesday, and finish them Sunday night (complete with video!) --- I wanna be back there again

Though, on the plus side. I've learned not to be precious over it all, and If It's a quick jam that makes it to the week, that's all that matters smile

Last edited by Aday (March 20, 2016 6:54 am)

Melbourne

I'm still chugging along, mostly thanks to having a bunch of stuff that is easy to jam with—I can just submit a quick improvised thing if I'm not feeling up to writing a full piece. Having said that, I think I may end up getting to the point that I did in 2014, where I just fall over because I keep just making a bunch of quick and loose tracks.. nothing wrong with that, but I hope to get back into making some prog stuff soon, which I don't want to show anyone until I can release it. Perhaps I'll just upload edited versions of some early jams for those prog pieces.

Also, I'm moving house in a few weeks, so the quality of my work may wane a little in that time tongue

Music City

all's good here! my challenge in WB has been not to write a song in a week, that's not too challenging honestly... but to have my life together enough, with food and a roof over my head, a place to work, and the inspiration to make something; that's more of the struggle i find myself facing.

things have been good so far, definitely have some rough times ahead but i am confident that, as always, music will pull me through it.

also just ordered a new mixer so i am stoked to incorporate that! (DDM4000)

Last edited by Tri Angles (March 21, 2016 1:14 am)

Missed a lot of weeks now ! sad
Lot of bad things happening in my life right now but on the good news I started a new sideproject and it is going really really well !