Melbourne, Australia

So that's the end!! 52/52!!!

What the hell shall I do with myself now?

fun fact : Most of my tracks are based on The End of the Affair by Graham Greene.  Had been meaning to write a concept double album for about 5 years.. Now i'm a lot closer to completing that goal. 

Now..looking forward to a week away from writing before i get back into the swing of things! 

Thanks all, it's been too much fun!  How you'd you all fare?  Tough slog, breezed through?  I didn't find it so tough as i was basing my work on something which gave me lots of subject material. 

paul.

Seattle, WA

I had a wonderful time during this project and came out with a bunch of tracks that I really love.

France

His was an awesome experience. Still have to work my last track but like you Paul, I came out with a lot of inspiration and a few concepts. I will go on with my imaginary video game soundtrack I think, but with a different rhythm of posting on my sound cloud.
I also think about making my first album (it is finally the time) or Ep.
I would love to listen to all the WB tracks I missed, during the next year, I'm also sorry about my lack of presence here.

I'm kind of sad that it's finished, like every perfect moments end.
I'm really glad to the WB initiative and to the people that made it happened.

Thank you a lot !!
I would love to keep in touch.

Orlando, FL

It is a rewarding experience. I learned a lot of new rhythms. 104/104.

Last edited by Sir Bunting (December 29, 2014 12:38 am)

Phoenix, AZ

21/52 for me. Stopped after week 20 only to return now. Left to focus on my album.

I think you can definitely hear a difference between week one and week fifty-two, for all of us. everyone's sound is much more refined. it's a cool thing to listen to a years worth of work. like with an album, it's a year's work, but you go and polish everything again at the end. with these songs you hear the extent of your talent at that one point in time, and thus you see a progression from the beginning to the end in ability.

it's been awesome, even if i was only here for 40.3% of the year. see you all next time!

Cincinnati, Ohio

52/52 again!  big_smile big_smile big_smile  Weeklybeats really has helped shape how i write and view making music over the past few years.  i look forward to putting what i have learned to good use and i hope to come back after another year break in 2016!

Melbourne, Australia

104/104 here. Number 104 is a special tribute to 2012/2014.

Much easier to handle this time around, because my main job is making music it was rarely a hassle. Sometimes it was done last minute due to being really busy, but not that often.

Interestingly, I think my work is much more consistent than 2012, which is a good thing. I don't think there is an improvement, per se, since January. Just ongoing explorations. This indicates that I've settled in to my aesthetic and method, most likely during 2013.

Louisville Ky

What a great adventure.  Not sure if I'm going to commit to this schedule for next year but such an excellent learning tool.  I started late but managed 50 weeks.

Glasgow

Is there going to be a WeeklyBeats 2015? smile

The future
marimbal wrote:

Is there going to be a WeeklyBeats 2015? smile

There is no plan that I know for a WB2015.

The future

So long, my friends big_smile <3333  Im glad it's over but I'll miss the gang. please send me a request on fb if you havent already. oh and message me saying who you are so i dont think you are an evil hacker smile  https://www.facebook.com/jack.anderson

germany

it has been fantastic.
thanks to everybody involved!

good bye!

Newcastle - UK

just uploaded. and in the final few minutes too! late as always...

Riverside, CA

It's finally over, phew! 104/104 master race woo!
Tonight/tomorrow I'll run some scripts that will make some nice and pretty graphs and charts n shit smile

Portland, OR

I really had a lot of fun doing this, even if I fell off the face of the earth over the last two months, I think this might be my 2nd entry in that amount of time -- even worse, I basically threw this together with an hour to go before the deadline because I felt like I couldn't let 52 get away from me when I'd had so much fun doing the tracks I *did* finish on time - it was a great experience and I've heard some really great music here all year.

punk ville

Phew, finally over. I got 51 out of 52 and I feel like an idiot. Missed the third week because I had a cold and I wasn't sure at the time if I could 100%. Should have just gotten out of bed and wrote a stupid song.

I'm really glad I participated though. I don't know if the music I'm making is better, but I know I've gotten better at making it. I can crank out 2 minutes of music a lot faster than I was doing the first few weeks. I also bought a lot more midi modules over the year and started learning violin, so it definitely kept my interest in music alive.

Thanks to everyone who listened to my trash.