Melbourne, Australia

But then my intention would be to give it to someone else and not eat it. Or to eat half and give half. I dunno, I'm not convinced it's a sound analogy (poetic or not) for anything at all.

The future

well then just say.. "you cant have it both ways", or "he thought he could have it both ways." No muss, no fuss (whatever the hell that means).

Melbourne, Australia

Exactly! I don't use the cake thing. I just say exactly that: "you can't have it both ways."

Last edited by fc (January 31, 2014 6:42 am)

NL
Dwight Davis wrote:

The one that confuses me is "the straw that broke the camel's back". I mean, chances are that a load that heavy would've slid off the camel's back to the side. It at least would've broken the camel's legs. And, if the load on that camel is so heavy that it has 4 broken legs, motionless on the ground, waiting for a straw to break its back, then, there are several problems. The load is useless on the back of the camel as there is no way that the camel can move it. If there is that little difference between the breaking of the camel's back, then who cares about the straw, the camel probably would've broken it himself. If there is that much weight on the camel's back, chances are that his ribs and internal organs are crushed, and he is already dead, meaning that the straw is just superfluous. That one is just stupid in my opinion.
Also, supporting camel cruelty is wrong.

Who loads a camel when the camel's standing up? Any idea how tall those fuckers are?