New Orleans, LA

Hope everyone's finding success without the aid of the trusty 4/4 time signature. In the meantime, let's pick a fancy new theme for Week 6!

Previous Themes:

Week 1 - First Week
Week 2 - Whatever
Week 3 - Black Metal
Week 4 - Shared Melody
Week 5 - Absolutely No 4/4

The Wisconsin

Suggested this a few weeks back, but I'll bring it back because I like the idea: Reversed Samples

France

Speaking of reversing samples, how about a reversed track? Or a track whose second half is the first half reversed?
Like, think both ways! 8)

Last edited by yan_g (January 26, 2014 7:08 pm)

Pweter City

Aqua crunk!

chicago, il, usa

Hoover.

Melbourne
yan_g wrote:

Speaking of reversing samples, how about a reversed track? Or a track whose second half is the first half reversed?
Like, think both ways! 8)

Yeah I like this idea. I wanted to make a reversed track for wb anyway!

My suggestion: use only the freely available sounds that were used in the Seinfeld music (Korg M1 slap bass, Alesis HR16B pop and puh, etc).

Last edited by 0F (January 27, 2014 5:53 am)

York, UK

I'm up for reversed samples. I love working with them anyway.

Huntington Beach, CA

I'm voting for 80s pop at some point this year.  Doesn't have to be this week, I just really hope it happens at some point.

Melbourne, Australia

'1 second weeklybeats sample submission remix into a track'

I've Favorited a few tracks (especially by our modular users) that I intend on cutting up and using as samples/cuts/slices/etc in a track later on in the year.

But kinda the same thing, only using things used inside the weeklybeats colab library submission.

Just an idea...

Last edited by Aday (January 29, 2014 1:00 am)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

'Night at The Opera'

Melbourne
LowbrowAnthony wrote:

I'm voting for 80s pop at some point this year.  Doesn't have to be this week, I just really hope it happens at some point.

Yep, I'll definitely submit some 80s pop, regardless of theme!

St Louis

mixer feedback

MJP

How about instead of specifying "reversed samples" we just make the theme something like "retrograde", and you can interperet that however you want, within the idea of "something happens both forwards and backwards", whether it's samples, or a melody, or a song form, or all of the above

The Wisconsin
kineticturtle wrote:

How about instead of specifying "reversed samples" we just make the theme something like "retrograde", and you can interperet that however you want, within the idea of "something happens both forwards and backwards", whether it's samples, or a melody, or a song form, or all of the above

I agree with this. I think we can probably count all ideas on the vein as votes for it then.

St Louis

so reversed stuff is the theme?

NL

Sure, keep it vague, let's go with reversed 'stuff'.