Melbourne

For this week's track, I decided to make some metal guitar samples for use in Renoise, since I wanted to write some death metal but don't quite have the chops to play those ridiculous walking random sounding guitar riffs. They don't sound very realistic on their own, but underneath some good drum sounds they almost get there. Anyway, I thought I'd share them with you guys, if you're interested. I've uploaded them here (ZIP file, 82070222 bytes), feel free to use as you please, just show me the results!

Sounds included:
Power chord, open
Power chord, muted
Single rhythm note, open
Single rhythm note, muted
Single lead note, open
Single lead note, muted

Each instrument contains one sample per semitone (around a couple of octaves each), and the power chords and rhythm notes are doubletracked stereo. They're not perfect, but probably useful!

Also, I'm pretty new to creating Renoise instruments, so if you manage to improve it somehow, let me know!

Last edited by 0F (January 22, 2014 11:51 am)

Riverside, CA

Thanks for sharing! I was planning on doing something like this for myself sometime this year.

Melbourne

Cool, no problem. I'm considering making a few more, of my bass guitars and acoustic instruments. I'll certainly use them for my own compositions, but I'll upload everything for you guys if you're interested..

Downloading, thanks man.

Toronto, ON

cool, thanks

Psydney

Thanks for this man!

Mad effort etc