France

I'm wondering how to play them all! :scratches head:

Adelaide, South Australia

I know what you mean.  The random play function is great, but I just can't get through these.

vancouver, canada

on a related note, WB2012 ended up having between 3800-4000 tracks for the whole year.  (20 pages of 2012 tracks x 200 items per page)

one strategy is to download all of the week's mp3's, mix ALL of them together, then give one listen to the resulting jumble of noise =P

hey you know what, i wonder if someone could cook up a script to do just that!

The future

i get the distinct feeling that week 3 will not be as populous.

Old Street Roundabout
Phil Harmonic wrote:

i get the distinct feeling that week 3 will not be as populous.

Well I've just joined for week 3 and i'm staying.

NL
bryface wrote:

on a related note, WB2012 ended up having between 3800-4000 tracks for the whole year.  (20 pages of 2012 tracks x 200 items per page)

one strategy is to download all of the week's mp3's, mix ALL of them together, then give one listen to the resulting jumble of noise =P

Not a script, but this python program will download all songs with proper file names, then you can just load it all up in any music player and put it on shuffle.

I'm currently seeding all the songs (save a few late ones) with different filenames, but no one seems to be downloading them. Maybe I should just put it on Mega instead.

France
Devieus wrote:
bryface wrote:

Not a script, but this python program will download all songs with proper file names, then you can just load it all up in any music player and put it on shuffle.

I thought he meant playing them simultaneously? I'd sure love to hear that!

NL
yan_g wrote:
Devieus wrote:

In that case just slap all of them into audacity once you've brought them all in, should be exactly that.

Not sure why on Earth you'd want to do that, but whatever, it'll work.

France

Out of curiosity maybe? I wonder if it would be possible to hear patterns in that noise...

Riverside, CA

In case you have a writer's block week, just layer all the CC BY-NC-SA songs on top of each other and release that :3

France
jiffypop23 wrote:

In case you have a writer's block week, just layer all the CC BY-NC-SA songs on top of each other and release that :3

Haha I hope I'll remember that!

Tacoma WA
yan_g wrote:
Devieus wrote:

omg this would be awesome.

someone needs to do this record and enter it as their song lol

Melbourne

I'm dealing with it by listening to stuff by tags that would grab me. So tag your stuff well, folks!

NL
infradead wrote:
yan_g wrote:

omg this would be awesome.

someone needs to do this record and enter it as their song lol

I might be able to edit my code to only download non-ND and non-CR.

NL

Here's the code, by the way. I'm not going to do it, unless I make another account and submit it as that. It's all mathematics, there's no artistic skill involved.

Adelaide, South Australia
Trayce wrote:

I'm dealing with it by listening to stuff by tags that would grab me. So tag your stuff well, folks!

That's a great idea, actually.

Yes folks - get tagging.