NL
Pselodux wrote:
Devieus wrote:

I don't want to destroy my uke, so Black Metal is going to be a bit harsh, but I can probably make it work.

At a stretch you could probably submit some Burzum-style dark synth ambience.

Nah, I got something nice for this, which involves a paper plectrum and a voice changer.

Portland, OR
Dwight Davis wrote:

Sure, as long as nobody else wants to do it

I'd much rather destroy someone else's melody than my own, this time. smile

Oklahoma City, OK, USA

I like the shared melody idea. It will be interesting to hear how different everyone will be when starting from the same melody.  I would like to clarify that whoever writes the initial melody should be willing to release it under a CC-BY license to make everything kosher.

Last edited by E-dub (January 13, 2014 4:06 pm)

NL
Edmund Snyder wrote:

I like the shared melody idea. It will be interesting to hear how different everyone will be when starting from the same melody.  I would like to clarify that whoever writes the initial melody should be willing to release it under a CC-BY license to make everything kosher.

Or CC0, even less trouble.

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Devieus wrote:
Edmund Snyder wrote:

Or CC0, even less trouble.

Yes, that would be even better so we don't have to remember to attribute every time the song is posted anywhere.  Or we could find a melody that's pre-1922 or whatever year that's already public domain.

Last edited by E-dub (January 13, 2014 9:23 pm)

The Wisconsin

I figured we could just post the basic tune by itself onto Soundcloud. Soundcloud doesn't make you worry about licensing, does it? Or, if it does, there'd be an option for no licensing restrictions, wouldn't there be?

St Louis

so week 3 is black metal week?? wow almost missed that! I need to do a new nebulous peril track.

Riverside, CA
Dwight Davis wrote:

I figured we could just post the basic tune by itself onto Soundcloud

I was imagining it being a MIDI file or sheet music or something. I hate having to ear out notes hmm

NL
Dwight Davis wrote:

I figured we could just post the basic tune by itself onto Soundcloud. Soundcloud doesn't make you worry about licensing, does it? Or, if it does, there'd be an option for no licensing restrictions, wouldn't there be?

What's wrong with dropbox?

Orlando, FL

another option is to take a screenshot of the melody and post the image here

France

We can pick from there: http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/WFM … ic_Contest

The Wisconsin

Perhaps all of these things should be combined? Soundcloud (for listening and deciding if you want to participate), midi download (somebody said via dropbox), and an image of the melody on something like FL's piano roll?

York, UK
yan_g wrote:

We can pick from there: http://freemusicarchive.org/curator/WFM … ic_Contest

Cheers for this dude. Might be a good go-to on inspirationally dry weeks. big_smile

The Wisconsin
Dwight Davis wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

You formulated the idea, you wanna give it a shot? smile

Just to clarify, I definitely don't have time for this. So, just disregard this previous statement by me.

Riverside, CA
Dwight Davis wrote:
Dwight Davis wrote:

Just to clarify, I definitely don't have time for this. So, just disregard this previous statement by me.

That's fine. I'll whip something up for us by tomorrow smile

New Orleans, LA

Write the melody out in staff. That may be the best option