Adelaide, South Australia

I've just finished reading Italo Calvino's The Path To The Spiders' Nest.  For a first novel it's reasonably quaint (nothing like later post-modern Calvino) but quite touching and lovely despite the horrendous backdrop of the Italian Fascist occupation.

Now I'm dividing my time between Calvino's masterwork, Invisible Cities and Pierre Schaeffer's In Search Of A Concrete Music.   This balance sort of works given that both books can be read for a bit then left for a day or so.  Invisible Cities is a series of vignettes on imaginary cities and Schaeffer's is (for the most part) a series of diary entries.

Orlando, FL

now reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

just finished Warriors: Sunrise

The future

REAMDE by neal stephenson

Currently reading Caliban's War, the second in The Expanse series which is set far in the future and revolves around conflict in our solar system between Earth, Mars, and colonies on the asteroid belt (among other things). The first book in the series, Leviathan Wakes, was extreeemely good.

The Wisconsin

At a stand-still right now, but I've been working on Lord of the Rings. I'm halfway through the Fellowship, but I hope to finish all three in a timely fashion. Gotta love some good old LoTR smile

Sydney, Australia

I'm reading Hemingway's A moveable Feast

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Ham on Rye by Charles Bukowski. I love his blatant realistic style. Like a punch in the face! It's like READING dubstep.

Adelaide SA

sonicsomatic: performances of the unsound body

and

history of western philosophy

York, UK

Salmon Of Doubt by Douglas Adams. My mum bought me a set of all the Hitchhikers Guide, Dirk Gently and Salmon Of Doubt for christmas. Didn't know I'd already read them all except for the Salmon Of Doubt, bless 'er. Before that I was about halfway through a Lovecraft anthology that I'll pick up agai when I'm done with Doug.

Adelaide SA

HITCHHIKERS GUIDE IS THE SHIZZZ

Stockholm

I'm reading the 1Q84 trilogy right now, in Swedish. On the third book now. Love the dark writing style but there is a lot of repetition and I mean there is a lot of repetition...!

Has anyone read Oceans of Sound by David Toop (I think it was)? Have a memory of that being an interesting music read...

Melbourne, Australia

Dante: The Divine Comedy

Riverside, CA

House of Leaves & the second Haruhi book

NSW

The Absorbent Mind (Montessori), The Gifts of Imperfection (Brown), Raising Boys (Biddulph), You Get So Alone At Times That It Just Makes Sense (Bukowski), Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway (Jeffers), Teacher (Ashton-Warner).

Good question.

Last edited by popsicle (January 11, 2014 12:50 pm)

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Academic journal articles on Islamophobia in British press

http://sql.learncodethehardway.org/

have the strangest feeling this is going to get in the way of weeklybeats hmm