Oklahoma City, OK, USA

I'm curious what the community thinks about the idea of using the same lyrics in several different styles for multiple songs?  I wrote some lyrics for this week's contribution, but when I sat down to record music, my muse took me in a totally different way than I had expected when I wrote the lyrics and I ended up only using the first verse and the chorus one time and I like how it turned out that way, but I still want to write a different song with the whole thing using the more commercial ABABCB structure.

Riverside, CA

That'd be a good suggestion for the weekly theme thread. Have a set group of lyrics that everyone can use in different ways smile

Melbourne, Aus

That would be an awesome weekly theme Jif.
Ed - It's perfectly fine to use the same lyrics but rotate and shift them into different genres.

The Wisconsin
jiffypop23 wrote:

That'd be a good suggestion for the weekly theme thread. Have a set group of lyrics that everyone can use in different ways smile

What if we did this, but instead with a melody? It'd be cool to see how everybody incorporated it.

That would actually be extremely interesting. I would definitely participate and listen to every song done with a specified melody.

Oklahoma City, OK, USA

I'm glad I got an idea going without even meaning to.  And thanks for the thumbs up for me to do what I was planning, Lyons.

The Wisconsin

We should do this! Idk when, but somebody should put together a killer melody, post it to soundcloud or something, possibly include a midi file download? Then everybody can have their say with it smile

Melbourne, Aus

Seems like a cool idea Dwight, who will be the grand melody master though? I'm sure we could get it going if someone gets a melody then puts up a new thread with "Week 4 Theme" or something.

NL
Dwight Davis wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

What if we did this, but instead with a melody? It'd be cool to see how everybody incorporated it.

Why not both, it's not like there's a shortage of weeks or anything.