México
Ryan Leber wrote:
sinewave wrote:

I'm on a mission to wipe 0 comments off the face of this earth. Even that is a daunting task....join me!

That's what I was doing earlier today, actually! Sort by Replies, Ascending, Go. It's tough always having something to say, though. I mean there's so much fantastic material on here, and some of it is really easy to comment on, like something will stand out, or remind you of something/someone/somewhere, but others ... others are just fantastic and there's nothing more to say. But you gotta say something, though, you know? Otherwise it looks like nobody even listened. :x

in that regard it would be amazing if there was a number of listens on you track list or some sort of small info block for stats

The Wisconsin

I would like to report that, as of now, there are only 12 songs with no comments! The zero comment movement has almost finished its work, only 12 more to go guys! Also, Slopelujah is crazy popular! It's got like 54 comments.

Stockholm

All done now...3 of the 4 left have comments disabled, and the last is that track called "week 1" (see separate thread!). Nice work by The Anti-zero League...

The Wisconsin
sinewave wrote:

All done now...3 of the 4 left have comments disabled, and the last is that track called "week 1" (see separate thread!). Nice work by The Anti-zero League...

Mission accomplished! We just need to do this every week now! For 52 weeks... Oh no... That's a lot of comments...

Chicago

But we'll work together and we will prevail! big_smile

The Wisconsin

I actually think this is a good goal. Ensuring at least one comment on each song will not only keep us involved, but help newcomers stay interested. It really helps when you know that somebody is listening to your music.

York, UK
Dwight Davis wrote:

I actually think this is a good goal. Ensuring at least one comment on each song will not only keep us involved, but help newcomers stay interested. It really helps when you know that somebody is listening to your music.

Absolutely. My heart leapt after a couple of days with nothing and then I suddenly had a comment. big_smile

Also I've heard some amazing music here today. Should've been working on this weeks entry but this is so addictive.

Chicago
Dwight Davis wrote:

Totally. I think anyone who submits a track has to be emotionally invested to some extent. Especially those with less experience. One comment vs. no comment can make all the difference for some people whether they pursue music production further.

P.S. - No snark intended with the prevail comment. Meant wholeheartedly. I'm looking at this as a community that will grow together over the next 50.5 weeks, and the more of us that are open to listening, offering feedback, and helping each other, the more incredible the experience will be. I realize that may sound a bit Mary Poppins, but I'm really enthusiastic about this.

Last edited by Techmonkey (January 8, 2014 4:30 am)