Cincinnati, Ohio

I've been talking to some people who are interested in doing the weekly beats challenge for 2013 but i havent been able to find confirmation if it is happening or not.  anyone?

Adelaide, Australia

For now I'm not sure if anyone knows. The timer is off and the calendar didn't reset so it's 'currently' not happening. I wouldn't mind confirmation either because I have friends who are only going to participate in the 12 EPs challenge if WB13 doesn't happen.

...and now is a good time for a shameless plug. If you're interested then I'll (eventually) running a Monthly EPs - www.12eps.com. The website will take a bit to finish because I can't afford hosting just now, BUT were suggesting participants make a Bandcamp profile for all their releases AND nothing much will happen until the end of the month when all the EPs are due. The website I'm 'making' will serve as our community with everyone's EP embedded on the front page for easy access.

Cincinnati, Ohio

im really more interested in WB continuing in to 2013, but considering Trash80 isnt real, that might be a pipe dream :-\

Riverside, CA
Thursdaybloom wrote:

The website will take a bit to finish because I can't afford hosting just now,

You're more than welcome to have it hosted on my home server.
Especially if the users upload their EPs to bandcamp.
You can even incorporate that into the site, have their EPs embedded onto their profiles or whatever.

Sydney, Australia
spry wrote:

im really more interested in WB continuing in to 2013, but considering Trash80 isnt real, that might be a pipe dream :-\

Just wondering, how is Trash80 not real? I came late so I'm not up to date with the admins and all that. I would love another Weeklybeats for 2013, there must be some admins who we can contact, right?

The future
Codekk wrote:
spry wrote:

Just wondering, how is Trash80 not real? I came late so I'm not up to date with the admins and all that. I would love another Weeklybeats for 2013, there must be some admins who we can contact, right?

I am an admin, and there is no plan that I am aware of for a WB2013. Never know though, maybe Tim will just shit one out wink

AU

Maybe in 2014...? 

That would give us all a year to recover ;-) and get over the "never again" syndrome.  And  also give new peeps doing it time to prepare, have a certain starting date, and get a bit of momentum going.  I must say, I personally like the text that comes up this year with the retrospective of what Weekly Beats was. 

Of course there are a few related projects that have popped up here too (12 EPs, etc) - I'm sure these will give those who want to continue the platform to still be challenged.

Riverside, CA

+1
Yeah, let 12 EPs happen and do WB2014 after.

adelaide

WB2013 is a thing in your heart if you want it to be a thing.

I am in for 12 EPs.

Adelaide, Australia
little-scale wrote:

WB2013 is a thing in your heart if you want it to be a thing.

Believe in dreams.

adelaide

And dream on in beliefs.

Cincinnati, Ohio

man, and i was all ready to keep going too.. i guess ill have to settle for dreams then

Michigan, USA
cTrix wrote:

Maybe in 2014...? 

That would give us all a year to recover ;-) and get over the "never again" syndrome.  And  also give new peeps doing it time to prepare, have a certain starting date, and get a bit of momentum going.  I must say, I personally like the text that comes up this year with the retrospective of what Weekly Beats was. 

Of course there are a few related projects that have popped up here too (12 EPs, etc) - I'm sure these will give those who want to continue the platform to still be challenged.

I would be interested in 2014 I think.  I think I just want a year off at least!

Melbourne

plenty of new people out there would be into weekly beats for 2013

The Wisconsin

I wish weeklybeats 2013 still were a thing. We wouldn't have to do it, but it would be good for all the new people who want to do it.

Montreal

12 EP's sound cool!