I want to eventually start builing up my skills so i could perform chippy stuff live, but i know there is more to it than just pressing "start". Is there anything i could acquire to make a live gig more intrseting?

I suppose a small console mixer is a start, maybe some effect units like the Kassiolator or a loop pedal, and eventually a 2nd gameboy to spice some of my compositions up, but besides that im at a loss. Any help would be cool. Danke.

Riverside, CA

You said Game Boy so I'm assuming LSDJ?
Live mode to trigger patterns, alter instrument parameters on the spot, etc
Not much you can do I guess unless you want use MIDI sync/In or something.
Or muddygb/stepgirl smile
Or play an instrument along with the Game Boy.

Yes, LSDJ. i should of made that clear.

MIDI sync would be interesting, its something i havent explored yet.

And i considered playing guitar with my game with that surfchip song i did earlier, so maybe i'll just expand on that. But it may need some vocals too which isn't my strong point..geting offtrack.

Cheers homie.

Riverside, CA

Not sure if I got to listen the surfchip song you mentioned yet, but there's a plenty of instrumental surf music wink

The future
Seagull Chainsaw wrote:

I want to eventually start builing up my skills so i could perform chippy stuff live, but i know there is more to it than just pressing "start". Is there anything i could acquire to make a live gig more intrseting?

I suppose a small console mixer is a start, maybe some effect units like the Kassiolator or a loop pedal, and eventually a 2nd gameboy to spice some of my compositions up, but besides that im at a loss. Any help would be cool. Danke.

Nah man, you really just have to work on your scowl and head bobbing technique.. that's all there is to it.

Phil Harmonic wrote:
Seagull Chainsaw wrote:

Nah man, you really just have to work on your scowl and head bobbing technique.. that's all there is to it.

hmmm, just like i already do in my grindcore band.

AU

Press play.  Fist pump.

else....

I set up with the Commodore Amiga outputting 1/4 and 2/3 as 2 separate pairs into a DJM800 - that way I have (usually) the drums and bass and melodic or additional elements on kill switches / levels / filters / able to route to efx.  I set my Amgia MODs up so that they have loop commands and I can break the loop when I feel like it... although often I'm constantly breaking the loops to get through the track more quickly!!  (it works for minimal techno though.) 

For LSDJ live mode in blocks, part mute / solo, changing synth settings on the fly... with synth settings, I usually copy the synth first then on the build ups switch to that copy so if I'm doing something crazy then it'll snap back to a copy with the right settings when it kicks back in.  Seriously, there is a ton you can do and I've come to learn the less filtering, etc, the better on the DMG.  Remember it's also about engaging the crowd a big and having fun :-)

Thanks CTrix. I'll try out changing synths live. That should be fun. And rearranging blocks too.

My parents found a Commodore when i was 10, but they got rid of it. If i had known it was a Commodore and that it was capable of making sweet music, i would have kept it. *sigh*