Adelaide, Australia

All the Adelaide people are going to Melbourne to sleep in Derris' loungeroom

Adelaide SA

Photo of Derris' lounge room for cover?

CAN SOMEONE MAKE A WB PARTY HAPPEN?

Melbourne, Australia

Thinking about getting these: http://www.giftsworld.com.au/shop/12-x- … -years-151

Soundbytes crew had them on Sunday. So good.

Adelaide, Australia

Iran will bring these then to go with your new present
http://cache.thephoenix.com/secure/uplo … GUE(5).jpg

Brooklyn
Phil Harmonic wrote:
vinpous wrote:

Party at tiasu's house.

Also, I've planned my week 52 piece already, just have to remember to do it then and not come up with a sudden storm of brilliance for one of my other remaining weeks.

Next year - hm, yeah, not sure if I would do something similar to WB or not. I like the idea and have enjoyed (and got a lot out of) this year, but I struggle for time most weeks now and next year I assume will be worse.

That's to say we make it through the dark week 51!

That is when the Mayan calendar runs out and the world ends?

Brooklyn
jiffypop23 wrote:

WEEKLYBEATS 2013: EXTREME EDITION
MISS A WEEK AND YOU GET PERMABANNED FROM THE SITE.
ARE YOU WEEBEE ENOUGH?

Great idea, but maybe instead of Permabanning, you respawn at week 1 without any weapons.

Orlando, FL

I remember reading that the Mayan calendar didn't factor in leap year and daylight savings time, so we're technically already safe

Riverside, CA
Brackleforth wrote:

I remember reading that the Mayan calendar didn't factor in leap year and daylight savings time, so we're technically already safe

Yeah, I think I heard that from a Neil DeGrasse Tyson video.
The actual Mayan calendar cycle was in 2006 iirc.

Adelaide, Australia

Holy shit guys, Neil DeGrasse Tyson said facts!

Stockholm

Ok. Let's get some stuff done. How about a compilation of wb on digital release on spotify, etc. And/or CD and/or tape (see the place ctrix checked out for that). But that's all going to cost...well, i'm prepared to put up the digital release cost - it's not a huge amount.

Then we have to decide what to release...one album, several albums (all artists), put it to a vote, or what should we compile and how?!

We should anyway definitely leave some record of all the effort we all made...

Orlando, FL

I was wondering about how a compilation would work out. Should we try and get the songs to all fit together to form a cohesive whole? We're all from varying skill levels and we use varying equipment.

Maybe we ought to submit our favorite 3 tracks or so to an elected panel of judges. These judges can pick which songs will get on the album. There'll be at least one from each artist who submits their things. Then the supreme master of weekly beats can compile the album itself so everything flows

Riverside, CA
sinewave wrote:

Ok. Let's get some stuff done. How about a compilation of wb on digital release on spotify, etc. And/or CD and/or tape (see the place ctrix checked out for that). But that's all going to cost...well, i'm prepared to put up the digital release cost - it's not a huge amount.

Then we have to decide what to release...one album, several albums (all artists), put it to a vote, or what should we compile and how?!

We should anyway definitely leave some record of all the effort we all made...

At the end I'm going to make a torrent of all the weeks that you can grab in one shot, but that's not quite the easiest to listen to.

I do like the compilation idea, but who to have on it? If we have one from each person we'll have hundreds of tracks from people who've only uploaded a couple weeks drowning out people who've uploaded most/all of the year.
Maybe have it as a "2 disc" comp. Disc 1 can be one track from everyone in Team 27, and Disc 2 can be "Top 25 tracks of Weekly Beats" that we can all vote on?

Stockholm

Ok, how about a sort of combination of both those ideas:
Disc 1 - team 27 (-x?)
Disc 2 - the top y-amount of regular contributors. That'll include all the other regulars such as Poppi, etc. who haven't done all but have done loads.

So then we have a list of names so it's just a simple (!) matter of choosing the best track for each. Maybe we could start fifty or so threads on the forum (ie. one per artist) for that purpose. Wow...

Btw think it's a feature rather than a bug that everyone has different skill level wink

Riverside, CA

I like that idea. But what would the threshold be for how many people are on disc 2?
Maybe the top 25 in who's contributed the most number of weeks that aren't in Team 27?
I think that would work nicely.

Also, instead of other people voting on an artist's song, we should let the artist choose the song that represents what they think is their best wee-bee. No?

Last edited by jiffypop23 (October 18, 2012 9:36 am)

Stockholm

Or how about the same number of top contributors as the number that team xx lands on? I've no idea yet how many are in that list, mind you...

I think it would work just as well whether others or the artist themselves choose the track. Maybe we can leave that to the artist - if they want others to vote on it they start their own thread for that, otherwise they just submit it in a final submission thread.

One thing, whatever I submit I know i'd like to polish it up a bit before i submit if i get the chance. Suspect the same for others. We might want to allow time for that...

Riverside, CA
sinewave wrote:

One thing, whatever I submit I know i'd like to polish it up a bit before i submit if i get the chance. Suspect the same for others. We might want to allow time for that...

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of Weekly Beats? ;P