sacramento

everyone thats left didn't really have a good reason, usually due to lack of time or unhappiness with their tracks. if you really want to do something you can make time, if you are unhappy with your tracks the last thing you should be doing is not working on them. the worst part is one someone quits and makes a thread about it like everyone cares or something

chillmatic wrote:

everyone thats left didn't really have a good reason, usually due to lack of time or unhappiness with their tracks. if you really want to do something you can make time, if you are unhappy with your tracks the last thing you should be doing is not working on them. the worst part is one someone quits and makes a thread about it like everyone cares or something

I dont understand why anyone would quit, unless they got paid to make music. Then I can understand the whole "dont give it away for free thing." As for shitty tracks, Im pretty sure if I cared about how much they sucked I wouldnt be here still either.

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (April 15, 2012 2:12 pm)

Perth, Australia

140bpm

then all the tracks will be good for me to work out to.  *boogie*

sacramento

sleep deprivation, write a song after not sleeping

Phoenix, AZ
chillmatic wrote:

sleep deprivation, write a song after not sleeping

I've already done that a few times.
Curse sporadic insomnia.

Tacoma WA
george bowles wrote:

I think the themes can be a good launchpad for ideas, but certainly don't have to be participated in to make a great track

if the themes are fun i go with them.  if not fuck it.

some of the projected themes are technically impossible for me.  the 4 part harmony idea seen above for instance.  effectively i have about a 3 voice synth.  realistically its less than this and my control isn't that great for sequencing.  i guess if i did some multitracking i'd be able to do more i don't so whatever.

way to fucking serious on here wtf guys.

St Louis

haha, yeah too serious! I'm gonna take at least a week off from the themes, need to let the music breathe

L003, C0rnw4//.

////i vote for 27th century sonic art/////

Last edited by idevourstatic (April 15, 2012 11:19 pm)

The future
idevourstatic wrote:

////i vote for 27th century sonic art/////

ooh. that would give me a chance to break out my ring modulator.. exterminate! Exttterminate! EXTERRMINNNNNNNNATE!

The Wisconsin

I think themes are a great idea, but I'll only take advantage of them when I feel like. Anybody who quits because of a theme must not understand how these themes work. Also, I vote for the theme of 30 second songs. See what you can do in only 30 seconds. I'd be interested in seeing how much people can pack into only 30 seconds smile

I vote for ducks.

Thunder Bay ON, Canada

rules say songs have to be over 1 minute long, but then again who cares? right?

Last edited by HANDCANNON (April 16, 2012 3:38 am)

Riverside, CA
HANDCANNON wrote:

rules say songs have to be over 1 minute long, but then again who cares? right?

I think he meant you only have 30 seconds to create the song.

Also, I vote Grindcore Ducks.

L003, C0rnw4//.

i vote for duckcore grinds

The Wisconsin

One minute? One minute and two seconds then. Exactly. Try that one!