Adelaide, Australia
george bowles wrote:

let's interpret this

The original can be heard here

AU

Hello all.

Here are links to a pretty hectic dice step-sequencer spreadsheet I made in case anyone else wants to use it.  ONLY CHANGE THE GREEN BITS!

Basically you configure the note / dice relationship, then fill in 16 numbers and put in a 0 if it's something that can also be an i/o state.  (a zero puts a note rest).  Eg.  you roll a Dice and get a 4, 5 then it falls off the little stool are rolling on so it's a "0".

Anyways - it's very messy and might not make total sense (the int value is there to compute the octave range for the auto tracker code!!).  Hopefully it might be of use to someone else other than me! :-P

http://syntaxparty.org/rockit8bit/DiceSequencer.ods  (for open office)

http://syntaxparty.org/rockit8bit/DiceSequencer.xls   (may also work in Excel, who knows!)

ps.  Just use sharps.  FLATS DON'T EXIST IN TRACKERS!

Last edited by cTrix (April 12, 2012 12:05 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

Man, that's some gnarly programming. I'm inspired by PD again.

Melbourne, Australia

... That's also some gnarly spreadsheeting, cTrix. big_smile

Adelaide, Australia
vinpous wrote:

I've decided to conform and participate in this aleatoric theme... and by aleatoric I mean whatever kind of random comes to mind at the time. I mainly just want to use PD again, so I shall.

adelaide

I'm pulling out of this week's theme due to technical issues.

I will do a complete and utter copout track instead.

Melbourne, Australia
Thursdaybloom wrote:
vinpous wrote:

I've decided to conform and participate in this aleatoric theme... and by aleatoric I mean whatever kind of random comes to mind at the time. I mainly just want to use PD again, so I shall.

You conformist, you. smile

I can't wait to hear people's aleatory.

Simi Valley, CA

I just realized that I do not own a good mic for recording. Hope you guys are okay with crappy sound, looks like I'll have to improvise and use my headset as a makeshift mic.

Edit: Also bouncy balls don't bounce on piano strings as well as I thought they would.

Last edited by VCMG (April 13, 2012 5:08 am)

Tacoma WA
VCMG wrote:

I just realized that I do not own a good mic for recording. Hope you guys are okay with crappy sound, looks like I'll have to improvise and use my headset as a makeshift mic.

Edit: Also bouncy balls don't bounce on piano strings as well as I thought they would.

heart so cool

The future
VCMG wrote:

noted.

Switzerland

Since I haven't any good track ready for this week, I might go for the aleatoric path. Stay tuned (or not)!

The Wisconsin

I think I'm gonna go ahead and skip this theme. I wanna just make music.

Cincinnati, Ohio

I tried the theme and my track was incoherent.  Oh well.  Singer/songwriter track it is :-)

Adelaide, Australia

Mine is pretty much done. Not exactly aleatoric as it is just completely random. I wrote a pd interface for Ableton, set random to full and clicked the victory button.

Melbourne, Australia

I'm attempting to learn Max/MSP a bit more with this week, creating a 4 part piece using a random-generation polyphonic synth. I would like to make it serial with random reorderings of stuff, but I don't think I have the know-how yet, to pull that off. We will see what tomorrow brings amongst doing research proposals and critical annotations and stuff. :\

Adelaide, Australia
vinpous wrote:

I'm attempting to learn Max/MSP a bit more with this week, creating a 4 part piece using a random-generation polyphonic synth. I would like to make it serial with random reorderings of stuff, but I don't think I have the know-how yet, to pull that off. We will see what tomorrow brings amongst doing research proposals and critical annotations and stuff. :\

Can't wait to hear your Max work VinnyG