Adelaide, South Australia

Oh yeah, I am under no delusions about how 'fixable' this is. I'm stuck with it, as are most people who suffer from it. I'm just getting a little tired of losing days worth of productivity to being 'out of sorts', the constant self loathing and the semi-frequent, but crippling, social anxieties.

Cheery thread is now very cheery... and it's my fault >.< mwahahahahah

Adelaide, Australia

Bah, I think that's why the thread is here - non-specific rants about shit that may or may not be affecting our weekly beats experience. I'm totally not feeling it this week. I don't want to work or study or even be awake. I'm worried about the adverse affect it's going to have on an otherwise great song I had planned. I just can't be fucked working on it

It could also be project fatigue. We are a quarter of the way in, after all.

Adelaide, Australia

This is true. I'm re-inspired with my doom-y/drone-y ideas. I'm going to record a few more like Skinwalker which is rather exciting. I just can't be bothered trying. It's one of those weeks which I imagine you're unfortunately all too familiar with.

Ooooh yeah. Luckily, doing this project has helped raise my base level of 'throw shit together'. I just need to avoid the trap of leaning too hard on that and mix up my music a little more. 13's done, and I'm thinking of what to do for 14 (maybe even with 4 notes) that can be different and new for me

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (April 15, 2012 1:51 pm)

I came to grips with it and got my diagnosis over a year ago and my doc taught me a few techniques which have certainly helped, but are losing effectiveness. Maybe I need to look in to medication, maybe I need to find new techniques for managing. The future will tell *mystic hands*

Adelaide, Australia

*transfixed eyes*

NSW

^^^

NSW

^^^

No need for the pep talk, I've hardly been closed up like a hermit avoiding everything. I manage, I overcome, power through or ignore it as necessary to function. I just get concenred about the frequency of my down days, and how down they get.

Poppi wrote:
Thursdaybloom wrote:

*transfixed eyes*

Don't understand =[ Sorry.

*MOAR Mystic Hands*

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (April 15, 2012 1:52 pm)

That was the point of the thread, right? ;P

Adelaide, Australia
Poppi wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that Neko and I empathise with your "distaste" at [being] ignored, however, I'm not sure that's what WBs is about about, i.e. being listened to, receiving feedback, etc. etc...

True, it's just that I've gotten more feedback on my music in the few weeks here than the entire time before I signed up. tongue

I guess I'm just sorta taking it for granted now. :\

FL

I just want to say: improving one's own music quality is sometimes the biggest bullshit process. Seems like it is very difficult to get any REAL "listens" and CC without already being a fucking fantastic musician. I also think that my own music is pretty bad for the most part.. (despite rigorously trying to improve and make more emotion evoking sounds).  But it seems to me that is a VERY common outlook for a composer, even some of the highly talented ones I have spoken too.    But let me put this into perspective, I am new, and I have NEVER done any live show, so I expect people like me to feel under-accomplished. I guess It just surprises me that people who do live shows all the time feel like they suck. If I ever get into live shows, I will feel very good about myself... thats all I'm sayin'.