New Orleans, LA

I may have to play around with that, Phil.  I've only used the sends for that kind of thing before, but I'm really intrigued by the panning effects you're talking about.  Thanks!

Adelaide, South Australia

Cheers guys. I already knew how to do what you're talking about (I use channel grouping and limliting a fair amount, particularly with overlapping drum loops or guitar parts), I just hadn't found myself in a position to need to try it yet, having used a previous max of four effects, I think smile

Still, that panning thing sounds interesting, I may also try it...

The future
Gnarlysunshine wrote:

I may have to play around with that, Phil.  I've only used the sends for that kind of thing before, but I'm really intrigued by the panning effects you're talking about.  Thanks!

yeah. you get can some really cool effects by splitting a sound into multiple channels and filtering them. thats how a lot of neurofunk type basses are done. For example: you take a reese sound (usually 3 detuned saws) and split it into 3 or 4 channels. One for the low end. one or two for mids, and one for the highs.. and you process them separately to get all kinds of wacky intense sounding shit. By doing that you are doing multiband processing. just like in a multiband compressor or multi-band distortion.  Or you could go fucking crazy and pitch shift your copies and build chords out of the same sound.. all kinds of possibilities of multi-channel processing.

sacramento

rapping

Switzerland

I received my Nanoloop 2.5 cart last saturday and I'm trying to make something out of it for this week.

St Louis

I changed things up and recorded a drums and guitar piece that I messed with on the comp. it's sorta jazzy, sorta scifi lounge

so far looking like mooncave part duex.

Stockholm

Words from a "known" tea-party rep to more op-1 trickery. Haha might even say it's a collaboration. Now that's twisted smile got a great title for it too

Philadelphia, PA

I'll be back in the ring, this week with probably my best beat yet. All done this week, too, so it's still a weekly beat, haha.

Cincinnati, Ohio

well, ive been working on an LSDJ track for most of the week but today i randomly busted out my book of songs that have never seen the light of day and decided i needed to finally finish and record/produce one of them.  i kinda surprised myself.. youll just have to wait and see

Megadrive music!

adelaide

Field drop foot drag

adelaide

etc

Coastal Australia

I worked on a track this week but it's going to take more time to develop so today is a new creation.  Half done.  Will finish the rest tonight.  I'm happy with it thus far.  No beats.

Adelaide, Australia

This will be my first submission that I don't actually like. I haven't decided yet whether I don't like it because it's crap or just because it's different to my other submissions.

Tacoma WA

Toaster oven raping a microwave

listening to slow jams sung by a 56k modem