I know of at least 2 other people who had "first week luck"!! I'm curious if anyone else ran into problems of the "facepalm" kind on this first week??
For instance, I put the whole of today aside to finish my tune YET I actually spent most of today wiggling a old EMS cart around trying to get it to bloody read in any gameboy!
Cart has been working fine for weeks and today it just died (displaying "NINTEND-" with the O missing) Cleaned contacts on both sides, and then found that it randomly worked in an old clear gameboy that is in the worst condition and not modded in any way... but it ONLY worked on that one device and none of the 6 other gameboys. I had to finish the tune with a camping light strapped to my head shining on the display so I could see it... = ended up a frustrating day where normally I would have given up and just ordered a new cart. As far as it's effect on the tune - it was mainly sequencing a second bridge in the middle and working on a better ending last 8 bars which I ran out of time for. And the recording is just raw headphone socket.
So while I'm 95% happy with the tune this has highlighted to me the challenge of submitting a track "NO MATTER WHAT"... because I wouldn't have uploaded it in it's current form if it wasn't for the deadline!!
Last edited by cTrix (January 8, 2012 3:10 pm)