The Wisconsin

I know everybody is pushing to "expand your horizons" and "explore your inner musician" and stuff like that. I have no problem with that. I need to do that too. But, still, at least up until this point, what genre of music have you been making?

I write (somewhat crappy) techno music. What do you write?

Michigan, USA

Chiptunes, Electro... maybe...

Cincinnati, Ohio

i started out writing alternative rock with my band in high school (one 16 track album to show).  then i moved on to experimental electronica when that band broke up when we went to college and did that for about 5 years (an 11 track album and a 6 song EP to show).  Then in late 2009 i started hearing about the chip scene from some of my friends and i was sold.  I've been making chiptunes ever since!  Got one album of chiptune/nerdcore fusion under my belt from late last year and almost done with a full length chiptune album hopefully to be released in a couple weeks.  With all my music I've always slanted toward the experimental edge of the music so im not exactly sure what genres i would fall into but lots of dance style music.  anything that makes me happy :-D  i usually get bored with my music after a few songs of a particular type, and ive been planning to get my electronica mixed back in with my pure chip.  usually runs the gamut from ambient to thrash, but well see what happens.

Pop rock, punk rock, metal

adelaide

Electronic, chiptunes, ambient, drone, noise, dance, neoromantic, experimental, non-experimental, rock, minimal.

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (May 11, 2012 6:31 pm)

adelaide

Would love to hear you make some more of your acoustic folk stuff, Poppi.

Melbourne

chipmusic, chipbass, skweee, moombahton, skwømp, footwork, juke, 3ball, chopped n screwed, cumbia, snoozebahton

wait.. what

Sydney, Australia

Everything doy.ay said, but with "future" and "laser" as prefixes.

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (May 11, 2012 6:31 pm)

adelaide

I'll do a shamisen / koto collabodab with ya! Cello and voice sounds grand also

Heh,I have a few genres I would LIKE to be able to pull off, if that happens or not is a hugely different matter. I LOVE Skweee, but I haven't managed to get that slinky minimalism right yet. I wanna try some LizardKing/Doskpop just for fun. It probably won't be happen but I would LOVE to be able to pull off some Betty Davis style bad ass funk. Also I love Tamala/Motown and Stax style soul, again, PROBABLY not going to be possible. Lastly, Minneapolis sound baby!

Boston, MA
little-scale wrote:

Electronic, chiptunes, ambient, drone, noise, dance, neoromantic, experimental, non-experimental, rock, minimal.

Read this as "necromantic" and thought, "Did I miss one of his releases?" Please make some necromantic music.

As for me, I made an album with a rock band called My Kids Are Jerks, a couple of goofy acoustic singer/songwriter E.P.s, and more recently some ukulele/drum machine stuff. I once wrote a trio for tuba, flute, and mop.

rock, folk, chip-rock, indie <-I think that is a strange genre. Isn't any music that is released independently technically indie?

Coastal Australia

Dark ambient, electronica, drift, industrial, experimental, noise, film scores, orchestral, field recordings, ambient/experimental guitar, dark hop, whatever....

Bands are another thing yet again.  I may throw in some math metal/rock/post rock/post jazz if time permits.

The Wisconsin

Wow. I need to catch up on my music genres. I've never heard of quite a few of these. Do any of these fall under the definition of dubstep? I'd love to hear a nice dubstep track or two every week.

Coastal Australia

I don't really do much dubstep but you never know  smile