vancouver, canada

not sure if this was brought up before, but is the possibility of scrapeable WB song URLs (for correctly populating things like facebook share links with more specific content than the baseline WeeklyBeats project description) out of the question?

as i understand it, the AJAX-heavy nature of this site would probably make the populating of META or FB opengraph tags moot.  i think the only alternative left is to have the server detect requests from common web scrapers and then serve up to them a bare-bones static page containing only relevant metadata, such as song title + author + description?

anyway, i don't really know exactly how much of of a technical rabbit hole this would entail, but this would help make sharing a lot easier and clearer.

Last edited by bryface (January 1, 2016 6:40 am)

vancouver, canada

btw, i believe this page outlines the general approach.  those instructions are primarily meant for angularJS apps, and while i'm sure this site wasn't done with angular, the secret sauce seems to be in adding a couple of .htaccess rules for the relevant User Agents, plus something to handle the resulting redirect.

Last edited by bryface (January 1, 2016 6:47 am)