vancouver, canada

it's been a crazy year - some weeks' results surprising, some weeks disappointing, but always educational.  this is coming from someone who used to take YEARS to finish ONE song. 

overall, i'm actually quite proud of the average quality of my output -- some of the tracks were painfully short but i still tried my best to not phone it in and i can name very few passages that are "horribly embarrassing" enough to the point that i regretted venturing there.

thanks everyone for providing constant inspiration and encouragement by sticking it through.  thanks especially to Phil Harmonic for being so forgiving of my frequent last-minuteness!

Melbourne, AU
jiffypop23 wrote:

Huge congrats to: Pyronetiks/GDD, tiasu, Phil Harmonic, spry, vinpous, sinewave, Neil Carnegie, Brackleforth, (and myself :3)
who uploaded a track every week in both 2012 and 2014!~
edit: (check stats thread for more info and graphs)

Also for those interested, a WB2014 shirt! (it's on my shop but I get $0 from it, just fyi)

http://jiffypop23.spreadshirt.com/weekl … 100886717/

Is there a version for the ladies? smile

Pittsburgh, PA

Wait: it looks like the main site page has been reset for submissions.

Coastal Australia
onezero wrote:

Nooooooooo.  A year off would be nice!

And jiffypop73.....  you've missed me off of the 52/52 club.  I also did the 12 eps in between those years smile

Melbourne, Aus
rdomain wrote:
onezero wrote:

Nooooooooo.  A year off would be nice!

And jiffypop73.....  you've missed me off of the 52/52 club.  I also did the 12 eps in between those years smile

I second this!

A year off would be great and I also completed the largely forgotten 12EPS in 2013!

Oklahoma City, OK, USA

It's hard to say for sure because somehow the lion's share of my submissions were deleted, but based on counting on Soundcloud and Reverbnation and my Studio One folders on my hard drive, I'm guessing I did 32/52.  A friend of mine told me about this in late December last year and we were both going to do it.  His number is 0/52 and I'm a bit mad at him for that, but happy that he told me about you folks.  I've learned a lot this year and heard a lot of amazing music.

Seattle, WA
jiffypop23 wrote:

Huge congrats to: Pyronetiks/GDD, tiasu, Phil Harmonic, spry, vinpous, sinewave, Neil Carnegie, Brackleforth, (and myself :3)

Also for those interested, a WB2014 shirt! (it's on my shop but I get $0 from it, just fyi)

Thanks! I'm still shocked that I've made 104 tracks just because I stumbled upon this site when it was starting up. It's been fun.

I still feel bad that there isn't a better system for feedback since there are so many great tracks and life can get busy quick. I'm hoping that if Weekly Beats returns in 2016, I can set aside time to comment on tracks. Maybe a system where you have to comment on three random people assigned to you (no penalty for not commenting) per week could work. I dunno, just something more as a reminder to interact with other folk.

Coastal Australia

You just have to put some time aside to listen and give feedback.  You also soon work out which artists you like to listen to each week.  Had a good little community of likeminded individuals happening  smile  So I think the fb system is fine especially now you get notified if someone tags you or leaves a comment.

I'm hoping that new page is a glitch?  Is it possible to rectify as it's near impossible for people to hear the last week of songs.  Much respect for designing and running this site.

Phoenix, AZ

the new page is a glitch; the number of uploads (the number when you mouse over the fist week) is the same as the number from the beginning of 2014

vienna

will there be sth on 2015? looks like?

Los Angeles

Sorry for the glitch guys. It's fixed. There was a bug in the year-end date.

Riverside, CA
Faux Foe wrote:

It won't let me, sorry wink

France
jiffypop23 wrote:

Want !!!
For how long will it be possible to order it ?
Because during this WB year, I forgot to work and earn money, so I need to save the 11$ ^^

Riverside, CA
Tomavatars wrote:
jiffypop23 wrote:

Want !!!
For how long will it be possible to order it ?
Because during this WB year, I forgot to work and earn money, so I need to save the 11$ ^^

Forever and ever. (I still have the WB2012 shirt up)

Madrid, Spain

Is there any plans for a Weeklybeats 2015? Upload page is now counting...

Should we upload our stuff? Anyone joining for another year?

Melbourne, AU
jiffypop23 wrote:
Faux Foe wrote:

It won't let me, sorry wink

I was thinking more along the lines of a women's T-shirt, for the less sleazy among us