Los Angeles
midimachine wrote:

default (random) order mixes weeks 1 and 2. intentional?

NO. I'll fix

Gosford, Australia

haha, no worries! smile

Los Angeles

Fixed. smile

New York City

I have another order question.
If I order by Comments, and hit play, it all goes well. Songs get played in that order (although in the playlist, the PLAY/PLAYED button doesn't change, would be nice if it did so I know which songs I played without having to hit refresh).
Anyway, and I can't reproduce this all the time, but some times if I hit NEXT, it plays a tune not in order.
Could it be that 1) the tune changed position since I generated the list order or 2) it's playing a random tune ?

Los Angeles
akira wrote:

If I order by Comments, and hit play, it all goes well. Songs get played in that order (although in the playlist, the PLAY/PLAYED button doesn't change, would be nice if it did so I know which songs I played without having to hit refresh).

Yeah, the list on the page is disconnected from the player playlist. I'll see about adding some JS to account for that.

akira wrote:

Anyway, and I can't reproduce this all the time, but some times if I hit NEXT, it plays a tune not in order.
Could it be that 1) the tune changed position since I generated the list order or 2) it's playing a random tune ?

Not sure. Maybe if 2 items have the same # of comments, it will play them out of order? The only time it should play items that are not in the list, is when it reaches the end of page 1's items, the player will go to page 2 by itself.

OX4 1XH

I agee with the comments above, as someone who is new to this i try to listen to as many as possbile but in the end I am here to improve myself. Any feedback given is much appreciated. I will trust the expertise of those who have been working on this longer!!

Happy beatmeaking everone!!

Last edited by Cut me in shark (January 13, 2014 4:54 pm)

France
dragnmastr85 wrote:

Thx!

New York City
trash80 wrote:

Not sure. Maybe if 2 items have the same # of comments, it will play them out of order? The only time it should play items that are not in the list, is when it reaches the end of page 1's items, the player will go to page 2 by itself.

Hmm I think I realized what happened. If I click a song to read the description, then come back (hitting the back button), the next song will not be in the same order, although the list is still in the order I generated before. It just jumps somewhere else.

Los Angeles

K I see, I'll fix soon. meantime you can popup a new window or something by shift-clicking.

New York City

Shift or ctrl-clicking doesn't work (Chrome on Win7), I must right-click then hit "open in new tab/window".
Any sort of click opens in the same window and creates this "problem".

This is the main reason I discovered it, because I tend to ctrl-click and it wouldn't open a new tab, then when I go back, the order is different.

Last edited by akira (January 20, 2014 7:24 pm)

Los Angeles

It's fixed now akira, shouldnt have those problems anymore.

New York City

It works great! big_smile

New York City

Hmmm this is acting weird again.

I Ordered by comments, descending. Came out with an URL like this:
http://weeklybeats.com/#/music?p=1& … ment_count

Now, I clicked on a song, clicked back, and the order is all messed up again. Next song which plays doesnt go with that list. I decide to order by comments again, click play on an item on the list, plays, then next song is random again.

I really don't know how else to explain it. Hope that helps.

[edit] ok, I don't get it anymore. Is the list changing dynamically according to the order I chose before? Because it just played a random tune now that isn't present on the list I am seeing. I can only guess this song changed positions in the meantime so the playorder changed.

Last edited by akira (February 10, 2014 1:39 pm)

Psydney

What is "featured music" filter exactly?

Gosford, Australia
iLKke wrote:

What is "featured music" filter exactly?

opened this thread to ask this exact question! PLS RESPOND