New York City

I have this question...
If two Weeklybeats participants collaborate in a week on a track, is it allowed to have both upload the same tune? Or how would it work best?

NL

Tiasu and DrumurBoy did one back in week 26 of 2012, they each submitted their own thing, Coadunate and Legendary Steel; they're pretty similar, but still different, so I guess that's what you should be going for.

Melbourne, Australia

Yep! That's the reply we got when we asked the question two years ago - submit two different tracks - so I presume it's the same now. Or then I also did a collab with Derris-Kharlan where we split the track in half (Sonic Art 2 (Part 1) and Sonic Art 2 (Part 2)) which worked quite well too.

Melbourne, Australia
Devieus wrote:

Tiasu and DrumurBoy did one back in week 26 of 2012, they each submitted their own thing, Coadunate and Legendary Steel; they're pretty similar, but still different, so I guess that's what you should be going for.

Also, Devieus, how in the world did you remember those tracks from 2 years ago??

NL
tiasu wrote:
Devieus wrote:

Also, Devieus, how in the world did you remember those tracks from 2 years ago??

I have a lot of WB12 songs on my mp3 player, these two included. I remember pongball who only did stuff the first three weeks, fuxter who just sort of left, I'm glad to see kubbi's back on occasion, but kinda sad NWSPR isn't, moxie has a special place in my music folder, astute slipper's yellow songs were great. And of course the not so great I'll not mention, my disdain is more personal.

Just because I only contributed the last 9 weeks doesn't mean I wasn't around. I started listening from week 14 and have a folder for every week containing what I consider sweet music and you were in most of them; I'm still enjoying the Hubert Complex to this day.

New York City

Hmm, I don't know if we could manage to deliver two songs in a week, but it makes sense yeah.
Two different versions of the same collab is a good choice too.
Let's see how it pans out. Thanks!