CA, USA

It seems like video chat technology has come a long way the past few years and I'm wondering if any one has been able to link your home studio with another to work on a track together with any luck.

I got inspired after watching Adafruits hangouts vid, deaudmau5 stream, the Future Music studio series, and learning about Steinbergs vst connect software.

Riverside, CA

My buddy had the idea that someone should make a DAW that's made for realtime collaboration or something like that.
He got the idea from Flockdraw, a site where there's one canvas and everyone draws on it at the same time.

If done right, a DAW where multiple people can work on things at the same time would be pretty cool.

Sydney, Australia

apparently bitwig studio will let two people work on the same project

Melbourne, Australia
godinpants wrote:

apparently bitwig studio will let two people work on the same project

Just not in the initial release :\
But keen on seeing how this works...!

Finland

Ohm Studio?

Pweter City

The bandwidth allocation has to be huge with trading files so large. Some sort of cloud base server gizmo. Shared plugins and user friendly UI

Oklahoma City, OK, USA

You can export stems from most DAWs and send them to a collaborator. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.

Kearny NJ

I been experimenting with using logic and dropbox to collaborate. It works pretty good but the issue is you can't have two people working at the same time.

Saskatchewan, Canada

i would think latency would be a big issue. Latency is still a problem when i record locally i couldn't imagine the technology and the infrastructure of today's internet would be able to keep up.

CA, USA
BOULDER D4SH wrote:

Ohm Studio?

Thanks for the tip, much respect for the Finland scene, Ohm Studio looks really interesting.

Most of my friends live a plane ride away from me in different directions these days so I'm thinking it would be cool maybe even to figure out a way to video conference and dropbox stuff. Its cool to be able to work on things sort of each on his own, but sometimes its really important to have a direct connection to bounce ideas off one another directly.

Like the little tweaks and recommendations here and there while building a track. Especially for tracking vocals and stuff, delivery is everything. It really helps to be listening in to whats going on in real time to recommend ideas.