France

Hi! Are you notified when somebody adds one of your tracks to their faves? Also, it would be nice to know how many people favourited your tracks on your page!

Los Angeles

Nope. And no it was meant to be private data.

Toronto, ON

I'd also be interested in seeing that

Toronto, ON

Alternatively, having a public non-fb like button would be useful

Los Angeles

This isn't 8bc. tongue

Adelaide, South Australia

Not to have a go at anyone here, but I'm a bit averse to the whole 'like/heart/favourite/vote-up' scenario you see everywhere these days.  I think it's a little more worthwhile for the recipient to receive feedback in the form of a comment and not something that involved a solitary click of the mouse.  Whilst the sentiment might be sincere, it's just not the same as receiving some nice words.

Los Angeles
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

Not to have a go at anyone here, but I'm a bit averse to the whole 'like/heart/favourite/vote-up' scenario you see everywhere these days.  I think it's a little more worthwhile for the recipient to receive feedback in the form of a comment and not something that involved a solitary click of the mouse.  Whilst the sentiment might be sincere, it's just not the same as receiving some nice words.

^ Like

Melbourne

Yeah, this. I favourite stuff that I want to come back to later, and will give an actual comment on what I like about it. Just clicking 'like' is such a copout.

France

Except that not making the feature public doesn't necessarily lead users to write comments. That said I understand the idea, and although I tend to prefer comments over "likes" on SC, I do find the latter useful and pleasant feedback.
Anyway it's not my site and I trust the makers of WB when it comes to leading an interesting project. If all webmasters followed what most users suggest we would get websites that are too similar to each other and we don't want that.

adelaide

hey so i was thinking we should also have a chart each week with medals (i.e. gold for NUMBER ONE) etc?

oh wait...

Trash80 wrote:

This isn't 8bc. tongue

sorry carry on

vancouver, canada
little-scale wrote:

hey so i was thinking we should also have a chart each week with medals (i.e. gold for NUMBER ONE) etc?

bryface, Trash80 and 156 others hate this.

adelaide

tongue

The future

Um, why cant this be like all kids sports now? everyone gets a trophy for participation? /me pukes.

Los Angeles

I always thought of weeklybeats as a personal challenge. Although it's a good motivator to get comments & feedback by others, I think things like likes and "who has bookmarked this" might be heading too much into the direction of a popularity contest. If you'd like, use this site to help kick you in the butt to get out new material, and use the others like facebook, twitter and soundcloud to promote yourself.

But as always we are open to ideas, just have to approach things like this with a bit of caution.

If anything maybe we should redo the number of comments on the listing to something like "None, Few, Many" as oppose to actual # number. wink

Brisbane

^Double Like

Berlin

agreed